1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Adharv. Yes they have used less of filters. Lets see what happens next.
    Have a great day ahead

2. blackbeauty84

That seems to be a great idea :) :) Thanks Peddadas. Have an awesome day ahead.

3. blackbeauty84

Thanks for the feedback Ammusatheesh. Yup they are inching close.
    Good day

ammusatheesh likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

Sure in next chapters.
    Have a great day.

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Enjoying the story very much. So much that each episode feels very short.
    I understand you have a busy personal life and doing your best to give us this fabulous story.
    Thanks a ton for taking me to a beautiful world with every episode. I find the story very relaxing to the mind.

6. blackbeauty84

Somehow I missed this fb.
    So so happy to find this fb now kkrish. I'm super duper happy to hear I'm taking you to a different world. Thanks a ton.
    Have a great week ahead.

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

8. blackbeauty84

Chapter-8

Srikanth

‘So how do we go about introductions?’ she asked.

‘Like this.’ I put on music and did a salsa step , she joined me minutes later.

After few times of practicing dance we rehearsed the introductions.

Once we were called back to the HR room, introductions began. Col.Mukund a good friend of dad and Priya was seated along with HR team. At the moment he is heading both HR and Admin departments. Almost everyone was doing formal introduction. Col.Mukund was livening up the evening with his witty cross questions.

Dev and his partner , Urvashi were classy. They introduced each other in a cinematic way which drew lots of applause.

When our turn came we did a slow dance for a minute and then went on with the introduction. My introduction about Harini evoked several laughter and when it was her turn she got scared. She went blank ,repeated what she already said and ended abruptly without waiting for questions from HR team.

‘I’m sorry.’ She said after composing herself.

‘It’s okay. This is not a competition.’ I said.

Her face was so dull and I could see she was embrassed.

‘It’s alright.Stage fear is considered as largest fear in the world. Cheer up.’ I said leaning close to her.

‘Would the pair of you stop talking now?’ Col Mukund said looking at us and I remained silent till the end of session. No doubt Dev and Urvashi’s introduction were chosen as best.

After the session got over Harini again said ‘I made a fool of myself.’

‘Harini, this is quite common. You wouldn’t have got much of opportunities for public speaking.’ I said.

‘That’s true. I shy away from anything related to speech. How come you are doing it like pro?’ she asked.

When I was about to reply I saw Dev and Urvashi crossing in our direction.

‘That was classy introduction.’ I told them.

Urvashi smiled and said ‘His idea completely. By the way they have given us each a couple movie voucher at a theater in Chennai. Since I’m new to the city, will you accompany me?’ she asked.

I was stumped for a minute and then said ‘Let me think about it.’

‘Just a movie, Srikanth. I take it as Yes, let’s plan once we are in Chennai’ she declared and went away.

Dev whispered in my ears ‘All the best for movie date.’

‘Shut up.’ I said and turned towards Harini ‘Where were we yeah on Public speaking right? I asked her.

‘Let’s discuss some other time.’ She went.

‘What’s up? She is feeling bad for the goof up?’ Dev asked.

‘Yeah’ I said as we made way towards the area where Coffee/snacks were being served.

HR person announced that we don’t have any activity for rest of the day and asked us to be ready for trekking the next day.

‘Don’t retire to room guys. Let’s play something.’ Someone said.

‘Cricket?’ asked someone and there were chorus of approvals.

‘No way.’ Urvashi said. ‘Let’s do something at which everyone can be involved.’

‘How about water games?’ I suggested as I was craving to get into pool.

‘Not all girls are comfortable with water games.’ Urvashi said sweetly.

‘Okay what other option?’ I asked.

‘Truth or dare’ Urvashi said followed by chorus of other girls.

‘What’s that?’ I asked Dev who was standing next to me.

‘Who knows?Anyway I’ll sit with your brother now rather than at night. Can you ask him to call me in another thirty minutes? I’m going to room now.’ He said moving away.

‘Wait. Let me join you.’ I said.

‘Where are you going?’ someone grabbed my hands.

‘I seriously don’t know what’s truth or dare.’ I told him.

‘As if we all know. Come on if it’s not fun we will escape.’ He said and I sat next to him

Urvashi explained the rules of game and few of her friends were writing everyone’s name in chits

‘Looks like a teenager’s game.’ I said to the guy sitting next to me who introduced himself as Solomon. ‘I’ll be back in few minutes.’ I said and moved near to bench where Col.Mukund was sitting. He was wrapping up a phone call and looked worried.

‘ Good to see you here Srikanth.’ He said.

‘Yeah, the same here. ‘ I replied.

‘Enjoying the induction?’ By the way good dance moves.’ He said and then asked ‘Does anyone know about you completely?

‘No not yet. I just wanted to ask how about the HR team?

‘Oh that’s what you are worried about?’ He laughed. ‘It was me who exclusively handled your on-boarding.Some of the employee profiles are locked so that only top management can view it and yours is in that category. Technically no one in HR team knows about you.’ He said to my relief.

‘Many many thanks. ‘I said.

‘Ha..anything for your father and Priya.’ He smiled.

‘You look worried. Anything wrong?’ I asked.

‘Let’s take a walk around.’ He said , leading the way. ‘Ideally I’m not supposed to be here. I have lot of things to address than attending an induction.’

‘I was thinking about the same.’ I confessed.

‘Truth is Training department submitted a proposal of this induction being handled by an event planner. That’s the event planner we normally use for our corporate events and they do a decent job. Yesterday at shopping I bumped into one from the event management company and he asked me why we gave the contract to other company.’ He paused. ‘I came here to do the checking on spot. As expected no event planner was hired , they have given me a false invoice and the training department head, Ranjit has instructed his team to do the induction. ‘

‘That’s really pathetic.’ I blurted.

‘Yeah. Ranjit is saying event planner pulled out at last minute. I want to interrogate him and informed Sagar. You know this unit comes under Sagar now right? He asked.I nodded my head, Sagar is a person my dad trusts a lot.

‘Sagar is on the way here. This department was headed by Kishore before, so people are still used to crooked old way.Sagar should be able to pull words from Ranjit.’ Mukund said. Kishore was the infamous brother in law of group chairman who got fired for his action against the company.

‘Okay enough of corporate problems. You enjoy the induction. ‘ He said answering a call.

I hesitated to go back to the game and was wondering whether to go back to room. I would have done so if I hadn’t spotted Harini sitting in resort bench.

Sweetynila, Lata6, muggs and 3 others like this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Your guess is right Peddadas. Please read the next chapter.

10. blackbeauty84

Posted now :) Sorry for the delayed post.