Be Clean With Little Effort

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Optimist2019, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Optimist2019

Optimist2019 New IL'ite

Hello,
    Moderators please move my thread to the appropriate forum.
    I don’t have any idea if it belongs to fitness forum or any other area.

I’m a obese woman in her early thirties.My personal trainer and Physician recommended me to walk daily for an hour in the Sun and also a vigorous work out at the gym .I’m doing great with good progress.

How ever the problem is regarding me taking showers twice or thrice with change of clothes twice / thrice often more than that .

I drop my kids ...have to walk them to the bus stop ,where I meet my friends .
    I take a shower in the morning ,dress up .
    Change in to fitness clothes,go for a walk ..
    I’ll be very sweaty after that ...wash my face ,take a light breakfast ,then hit the gym to work on my weight loss.

Later I come home ,take a shower ,put on fresh clothes and head to run errands like grocery ,clothes shopping or stuff for Home,general errands .
    To pick my kids at the bus stop ,use the same clothes from the morning drop off.
    Evening Pjs..after a bath.

I feel this is time consuming ,taking 3 showers to smell fresh and washing 3 sets of clothes each day .
    How do you work on your fitness without feeling exhausted?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Why in the sun? Do u have vit D def? Where do u live?
    :fearscream::eek: that is a lot of showering and changing:) No wonder u are tired.
    U can at-least cut down one. From ur post it seems like u are a SAHM or work predominantly from home. In that case don't shower in the morn . Buy fitness/walk clothes which are colorful and decent enough to be worn while dropping kids at the bus stop and comfortable enough for u to work out in gym. Finish up ur walk and gym and head home . Carry water and a snack with u.
    Shower and change once u get home. Go about ur day as usual .Shower and change into PJs before bed.
    One of the reasons why in spite of shower facilities at work I used to run early in the morn ,shower and get to work. Rarely split my exercise into multiple sessions.

Gauri03, BhumiBabe and Optimist2019 like this.
  3. Optimist2019

Optimist2019 New IL'ite

Thank you Just Another Girl.
    You are very wise .

I’m deficient in Vitamin D.
    Yes,I would invest in nice fitness clothes that I can wear both for School drop off and workout.

You have good plan to finish work out before you leave

justanothergirl likes this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Just old :)

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Exactly, thats lots of showering and changing. I would shower max 2 times. Why to shower before workouts. Shower only once.
    Also, I get that you need to lose weight and need sun. But you can do 1 activity / per day like alternate. Rest of the chores also add to physical activity and add to stress or fatigue liking picking/dropping/cooking on time etc.

All depends on what energy levels you have. Also, you may not be able to continue this for long. If so planned that way, thats fine. Some people and trainers follow same that in the beginning do lot of workouts to get rid of majority of weight, then slow down. That is hard to keep up for long unless we have lot of time.

Optimist2019 likes this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

All that showering may not be good for your skin. Shower once at the end of the day . In between walks, picking up and dropping off kids just wash your face gently with a mild face wash . Wipe your underarms and use a good deodorant. Use a good body spray.
    Also start the day with a decent looking set of clothes . If you are in India wear something light like cotton. Wash hair when you take that one bath everyday with a mild shampoo .

Optimist2019 likes this.
  7. Optimist2019

Optimist2019 New IL'ite

SanjuRuby,I’ll plan to alternate walks and gym.I cook a lot so cleaning would be my bonus workout.

I began intensively 3 weeks ago.
    Probably I might slow down.Already I feel like
    I’m unable to prioritize other stuff .Will go slow but steady . Thank you .

8. Optimist2019

Optimist2019 New IL'ite

Manisha,I like your concept of spot cleaning.
    May be that’s why my skin became dry .I shall take head shower every day as the scalp stinks after sweating .

I was embarrassed to post this but glad as you people are non- judgmental ,lent your time and offered the right advice.

SinghManisha likes this.