1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking About Adoption. Advice Needed.

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Shreema86, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies , this is a year old thread . I have moved on, I am no longer with my husband. I would be a bad role model to any child adopted or otherwise if I chose to stay in an unhappy marriage. and to add its unfair to the child as well. I am still open to the idea of adoption , but one thing I have realized since I have last posted this thread, although people think of adoption in noble terms , they think that its a favor to the child , adopted children have a very deep primal wound from being separated from their birth parents. They can be loved and love their adoptive family very much , but a part of them will always wonder about their biological heritage. The love is a bit more complicated than a natural parent child relationship. For now, I am single and childfree, and I am content being this way.

MalStrom, Laks09 and friendabc like this.
  2. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

:clap2: great thinking!!!
    "but a part of them will always wonder about their biological heritage. "
    sure ...but i think their love will also be a special one...they will love u more for ur generosity and benevolence ...
    many biological children feel entitled for privileges and they take parent's love as granted...but these children wont be feeling that (most)

*by giving birth you can become parents , by adopting me youve become my god* this has come from an adopted child

Shreema86 likes this.
  3. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i wd put this line differently .... if one WANTS child , then not having it is the worst thing...but generally , its not the worst thing ever....indian society makes u feel like that...many people dont want kids but due to society's pressure they end up having one...and thats also a sad thing... many people just dont want to dedicated their whole life to the responsibility of raising a kid .

4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

This thread is quite some time ago. I already posted an update, this question/post is irrelevant to me now .

shravs3 likes this.
  5. diva31

diva31 Guest

Hello Shreema! I just read your story. It is emotional. I know that family is the main part of your life and children are the biggest blessing. they make a family complete. Adoption is a wonderful way to form a family. I know the reason a lot of people oppose adoption, particularly because they feel like it deprives the child of their roots. But I think that adoption is a way of providing a child or children who cannot be raised by their own parents with a new family. It is a legal procedure which transfers the parental responsibility for the child to the adoptive parents. Just make sure that to adopt you have to be happy to make space in your life and home for a child. You need to be patient, flexible and energetic and determined to make a real difference in a child’s life. I will pray for your future!

6. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

ANY good ivf center can u suggest ? hv u done it urself ...pls reply soon

7. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

this is another troll /ADVERTISE ..PLS IGNORE SUCH ADVERTISES

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  8. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

I THINK THIS IS A TROLL /ADVERTISE PLS IGNORE THIS