1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sending Daughter To India On Vacation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Independentgal, Aug 2, 2018.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...if he has made up his mind to take her,then turn your husband into your ally.

Discuss with him safety issues that you both need to address.

I do not believe people in the world have suddenly taken to hurting children.
    These things have been happening everywhere all the time in the past too. It was not out in the open earlier. If something happened,it never came out .

While internet has made the world unsafe in many ways....it has also made things easier.

Use whatapp to stay in touch all the time .
    Make video calls. A mother can look at the face of the child and know things are fine.

Explain to her about good and bad touch. Explain to her that she has to stay close to loved ones at all time .
    Let her know the people she should tell if any one is making her uncomfortable .

Make her believe that people are there to care and she just has to tell them.

Tell husband to always stay connected by phone to your daughter even when he is not around. Buy her a cute sling bag to carry her phone in .

Don't just talk about safety all the time . That might scare her . Tell her how she can enjoy and have fun on the vacation.

Take this opportunity to make her more independent .
    Teach her to take care of herself ,make her own hair, keeping her stuff properly.

Use this as a good learning and growing experience for your daughter.

pinky2cute likes this.
  2. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,
    You are not alone in thinking like this...Every mother has these fears and an instinct to protect her child from all evils in this world. When I am away from my child, my mind often races towards things that can go wrong and then I pray in my mind to God.. please give all the bad things to me instead of my child...
    All this only when I m away from my kid during the office hours... sending a child alone thousands of miles away for many days can be unnerving for any mother... why don’t you calmly try to explain the same to your husband? He is also dad.. so he would understand... convince him by saying next time when you go to India with your child, you will take her to his parents place for as many days as he wants.. maybe you can drop her there and go to your parents.. but atleast you will feel better as you will be close by anytime she needs you...
    Dads can never take place of a mom... no matter whatever equal rights they have..it’s your child and for anything and everything you are only responsible.. do whatever makes you comfortable..

shama146 likes this.