1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You ‘look’ Just The Same

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Aug 13, 2018.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Yes, it is generally a good idea to compliment a person whom you meet after a long time that he or she 'looks' the same which can mean anything. Most likely it would be about his way of talking and body language, not physical form. The person should be thankful if he is told 'I am sure we met somewhere but am not sure where" or ' your face looks familiar but may I know your name please'.
    It happens with me. I can recognize the face but not the name. Sometimes I keep guessing, sometimes ask directly and sometimes just leave it.
    But that is about men. Women may feel differently.

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    :hello:you are still the same looking for such wonderful phrases or places such as "park" that depicts instant liking and probably prodding a little introspection in person opposite.
    2. A beautiful write up - thought provoking - no wonder it has brought wonderful nostalgia to many as revealed and read in their FBs.
    3.U L(*)(*)K the same is omnibus phrase to endear and keep one at ease.
    4. My office colleague GMR met me 15 years after our superannuation in his Andhra club . It was a rendezvous prefixed over phone when he returned from NY for brief stay in India.
    5. His hairline receeded further and tummy turned a large belly. With a broad smile at the foyer, when he received me, the first thing he said with his left palm on my flat stomach & right palm on my head of rich hair was " you look the same still."
    I thought of my spouse culinary expertise. 6.Thanking him,
    I RESPONDED that domestic help was absent since last two months and as a retired man I play besides husband the role of servant, washing dishes thrice at every two to three hours, grinding for dough, sweeping and swabbing as and when necessary et al. That is the secret of maintaining shape and size.
    7. In another place, upon my cracking a joke a pal said to our common friend - he still looks the same meaning not matured or still playful or childish or childlike.
    8. Same phrase uttered with intonation at different place means one or more things.
    OMG!
    my head is swinging and my spouse is calling.

Regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    jskls and messedup like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Geetha. Maybe that is what it means. Thanks for your nice feedback

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kamala mam. Would love to hear how your meetup goes. Keep me posted. Have a fun time

kkrish likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha True Satchi. Basic nature never changes.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @girvani . What you said about being young at heart is so true. I know someone who was young at heart even in their 60's. Thanks for stopping by

girvani likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha who doesn't like compliments. Doesn't it give a feel good sensation? Hope your mirror floods you with compliments and keep you happy always. Thanks for stopping by @Cheeniya sir.

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Wow @Viswamitra sir, I could hardly believe what you wrote about how you were and how you changed now for good. Yes basic nature in us stays the same. Don't give up on the fun part though. Thanks for sharing your younger days here.

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @HariLakhera sir for your feedback. yes most likely its the way one carries themselves unaltered mostly gets them the compliment. I have hard time in recollecting names too though my memory is good in other things. It happens. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your nice feedback @Thyagarajan sir.
    Yes as you say sometimes when the other person feels that they changed a lot I guess they compliment with you look the same.

Thyagarajan likes this.