Need Help

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by HappyMama, Aug 5, 2018.

1. HappyMama

HappyMama New IL'ite

Hello beautiful ladies,
    I took a career break to take care of my daughter. Now want to go back to work. I worked in IT ,now confused how to start a career a fresh. I am applying for job but not getting interview calls (I am on H4 EAD). Thinking to go through a recruiter, I am open to freelancing also. Your advise and references are really need here.

Thanks

2. HappyMama

HappyMama New IL'ite

Is it possible to get the internship even after graduation (2-3 years). I know some companies offer returnship to work but I am wondering if any company accepts interns who are actually graduated two to three years back and could not get opportunity to work.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It might take longer to find opportunities but it is definitely doable. Keep your hopes realistic. It might take longer to get call backs and you might have to rely on your network to find opportunities. But a few years here and there is no longer a death knell for a career. Most employers understand that women get married, have children, and return to the workforce after a period of time. Prepare well for interviews and simultaneously create a portfolio of past and current projects to present during interviews. It might take time but if you keep at it, it will most likely happen sooner than you expect! Good luck!

4. HappyMama

HappyMama New IL'ite

Thank you Gauri03

5. EfSotta

EfSotta New IL'ite

I work and study now. I try to combine it, but it is very difficult. Sometimes I even think of quitting my studies or work. I am very tired lately and I do not have enough time for everything. For example, I need to write a few essays now. Are there any people here who combine study and work?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
  6. sara00

sara00 New IL'ite

You said you are not getting any interview calls. I would like to know how many companies you have applied to for a job?

Also, try to apply to the latest jobs on indeed. It may take time but you should get the response.

Also, check your resume it can be the reason for not receiving the call.