1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict Resolution

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for your kind words, Sir. It is funny you said conflict resolution should be part of academic syllabus. Even in history, we learn so much about wars but how a war was avoided don't find a place in the history. WWI and WWII find enormous resources in the internet when compared to the steps taken to end the cold war (war that was never fought).

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:thank you.
    2. World had feverish watch Singapore's summit of Trump vs
    Kim Jong-un and great tumbling of stock market. But it turned out now South and North leaders meeting and market recovered to a record high.
    3. Conflict and resolution lifted up the stock market and booming trade now. 4. Lira fallen wayside but indian exporters gained heavily with rupee losses. 5. Every conflict results gains somewhere away from The sources.
    Thought for food or food for thought?
    Regards.

3. Viswamitra

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

You are forgetting every war boosts the state-of-the-art ICBMs, aircrafts and helicopters, new AR series of guns, strategic wearable devices for the soldiers, etc. Every racist war create a significant increase in sale of guns promoted by National Riffle Association.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

I happened to notice this thread recommended as aside in the other recent "Conflict" thread. I must say, this posting interested me more. Conflicts are inevitable! In the past, tried to subdue the emerging conflicts. Then I realized it was futile. The resentment builds up and explodes! After much reasoning and heuristics, I figured out what works for me: don't avert but get over it. Say it, bury it, move over it. I tried several techniques in the past each more devastating than the former to reconcile with the irascibility in others. The last I tried was something I passingly picked up from the rel. forum to defer the matter, and say it in a way at a later time when the person has softened to my earful of fulsome stance in the conflict. I tried that. I poked a week later only to be teased: I don't want to talk about it. I am still bruised. Nah! Such deferred revival backfires. Then I devised my scathing and upfront strategy. Speak it out unfazed. Endure the conflict head on! Let the person scowl, writhe and withdraw from you momentarily for being so frank and brazen in the conflict. However, don't let this bitterness ferment and rankle them for days. They say: I AM SO HURT! (sob!). You instantly reply:

Hey,

I am perfectly okay since the ongoing conflict. No hostility or slur disturbs me. I don't know if you are okay or brooding in the thickened past and need time to dissolve the perceived bitterness at your end. If you too are okay and not pouting and sulking and gorging on full-fat cupcakes from your otherwise preferred reduced-fat in that slighted anger, then let's move on the next delightful conflict between us. I am looking forward to it. Don't keep me waiting. Miss your choice swear words on me. Moo-ah!

I will inform you of the results of this methodology of conflict resolution whether it has irrecoverably damaged anything as it is still in the beta phase of testing. In general, it is quite a task, uffo, to deal with touchy and juvenile yet adorable wasps.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Hi Blinky,

In my view, personal relationships (not acquaintances) are not in the category of drag and drop. There are some in the world you need to wake up to, live and love for life. If I spew the choicest words at someone I live with and leave for work and I need to return with a flower bouquet to gain entry into the house even if I am prepared to sleep in the couch. You don't have to conduct a beta test at all and ask any married man and he would tell you how it works!

Before the conflict: "You are disgusting and you deserve my choicest word of condemnation. I have made the greatest blunder in my life by choosing you as my life partner".

After the conflict: "I know what I said is wrong and emotions took better control of me. I guess I wasn't thinking. I disgraced myself and I deserve your silent treatment. You know I don't mean it. But I want you to know one thing. Even when you are angry, you look so beautiful".

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thatz the part I like most especially After the resolution of conflict.
    I remember the joke:
    What's the difference between YOGA and
    YOGAM?
    If husband is calm, it's YOGA!!
    If spouse is calm, it's husband's YOGAM!!
    If spouse and MIL are Calm, it's AMOGAM.
    If both are not calm then it is EMALOGAM for ...
    Thanks and regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

That is when the cooking vessels lose its gravity and remain in the air. :beer-toast1:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

How should one behave when conflicts result in physical fights? When conflicts become a source of tension for not just the people involved in the conflict but for other family members and the neighbors as well? As mentioned trying to reduce the conflict by simply surrendering to the other person's view point and working around it is not really seeming to help, but actually making it worse. It is turning into deliberate indifference. The indifference feels worse than the conflict. Yes, there is much more peace on the outside, the environment seems peaceful, but inside the two individuals, there seems to be a growing resentment and distance, which is evident in the indifference. What can one do in such circumstances? One party cannot ask why the conflicting party is acting indifferent, any efforts to do so results in denial and conflict, followed by accusations of insanity, hatred and again violence as an after-effect. What can one do in such circumstances?

9. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

You are inquiring with me, who me, sorry, you have chosen the most inept candidate to advise you for I am not well-versed with counselling on such intense probe. For relationship dialogue and prompt, raise the inquiry in relationship forum here. Active members in that forum will be able to guide you through your inquiry. Good luck!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa conflict is essential to keep the liofe flowing. But thesis and anti-thesis eventually will have to become a synthesis.. But still conflict provides the heat and pressure that turns coal into diamond.

Thyagarajan likes this.