100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday :
    We had our "bring your child to work" day. The entire place was brimming with energy, liveliness, and was very heartwarming to watch.
    I was thinking that maybe I am looking a some future Nobel laureates, world leaders, Olympians, or famous musicians ...
    Yes they are our tomorrow, carrying so many dreams and hopes for a brighter and better world.

I am embarking on a project involving Devi Ambal and was reading up some material on the deity. When I got an alert on the Carnatic thread, it was the song " Jagadamba..."
    It was a positive feeling.

I was directed to an YouTube video - a cooking show done by a friend. Her voice and the soft way she explained the process along with a short story on Ilayangudi Maara Nayanmaar was very soothing to the ears and left me feeling good.

Giri12, coffeecups, Anisu and 10 others like this.
  2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Today i found very useful programs which can be used for 11th std students. My HOD and my colleague were so happy that she appreciated my efforts for almost 3-4 times in whole day. Such acknowledgement made me extremely happy today.

coffeecups, Anisu, Rihana and 9 others like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Aug 09/18:
    Dh and I were talking about 'Cho' and the void he has left behind. Post dinner we watched videos of his speeches. 3hrs of political satires and quick wits, We enjoyed and laughed out heartily. Week ended on a (de)light(ed) note. #TGIT

Aug 10/18:
    Slow and lazy weekend. Made good lunch, mind and stomach happy happy. "Good Friday"! :tongueout:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    coffeecups, Anisu, Rihana and 10 others like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

A woman friend who lives in a different continent had so much going on in her personal life, she became nervous wreck for the last few days and I was told to talk to her. She works for a major international corporation in the same field I work for. I send her a quick email that I am sending my prayer to her. The next day, she came to know that her proposal for reorganization and integration of the group of companies differently to improve growth and profitability was approved by the group management. Now she is working closely with me to assume a major role in her organization and how to develop a detailed plan. I am glad I am able to help her recover from her personal sufferings. Drawing a bigger line in life made her not to sweat the small stuff. I am so happy for her.

coffeecups, Anisu, Srama and 7 others like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

We had an uncomfortable situation. My husband said something which is a fact but I felt hurt, may be disappointed. I didn’t talk back. After a while he knew I am not being my self and he asked me. I explained that what you said was a fact and but when you convey may be you can use different method. He explained himself that his intention was not that and he didn’t mean to hurt.
    I was thankful that we dealt with this maturdly without any verbal fights or anger. That also reminded me, in life, everything forms around a perception. It can be true to one and not for the other. As long as we know this, the boat can sail peacefully.

coffeecups, messedup, Laks09 and 11 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Had one hour nap. Woke up and felt so freshly. All four of us together cleaned the garage ( boys did help in their own ways???) and one big job done. Felt grateful.

Giri12, coffeecups, messedup and 7 others like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 13 Wednesday 8/8: Friend is back from India and in my timezone in whatsapp.
    Day 14 Thursday 8/9: Another friend in India, heavy rains. We played rain songs antaakshari on whatsapp.
    Day 15 Friday 8/10: Again whatsapp.. had an inane yet warm conversation with a cousin, in chunks over 3-4 hours of Friday evening.
    Day 16 Saturday 8/11: Cooked with no rush to complete it or doing the dishes at the same time.
    Day 17 Sunday 8/12: Early morning went to the garage. Noticed my car has been washed.

Giri12, coffeecups, Laks09 and 6 others like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Sorted all the school uniforms, socks, shoes, bags, and labelled them. We are ready for the academic year start, which will be on 21st of August.

coffeecups, Laks09, Anisu and 8 others like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Today is the happiest day in the life we led until today. We might get better news in the future and we can never predict that. We came to the US with a clear vision to educate our only child in the US (when he was 6 years old) and he successfully finished his dissertation defense today. A national lab has already told him to apply by submitting his a) transcript, b) recommendation letters from 3 professors, c) most updated resume and d) copy of his thesis. Our prayers switched gears now for getting that job.

He also co-owns a patent that is being reviewed by a billion dollar company for using this method in their production facility. He is also working on another invention to be patented in future.

The sense of fulfillment is higher when we create a new generation which is capable of inventing something and in the process earn something to look after their families than what the money we earned can buy. In fact, that is the greatest investment we have made so far.

Viswa

MalStrom, GoneGirl, Greenbay and 10 others like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 18 Monday 8/13: Woke up after 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Is mostly 6.5-7 hours. Sleep should be assigned its own layer in the hierarchy.
    Day 19 Tuesday 8/14: Indulged myself with a cup of chai after many weeks.

Giri12, Greenbay, Laks09 and 4 others like this.