1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict Resolution

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Aug 4, 2018.

1. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir
    I forwarded the same to my spouse and he was very happy reading it and am sure it made an impact subconsciously.
    Very thankful to you .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@goldenhoney87,

You made my day by mentioning this here. It is always fulfilling to know some of what I write is practically useful to a family.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and goldenhoney87 like this.
  3. goldenhoney87

In case of a likely evolving conflict we decided to read this:)
    We feel it might totally dissolve the initiation for a conflict if any or end up discussing healthy way.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Your words above is the greatest reward I can get for this snippet.
    Viswa

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. goldenhoney87

Can't thank you enough sir for sharing the insights and wisdom in your writings

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Truly inevitable, I agree but my conflicts are mostly with myself. No outsiders are involved. For instance, the decisions I take in life are not always right and when they land me in trouble, I go into deep introspection. My conscience shows me no mercy and tears me to pieces. I become just rags but this makes me strong enough to avoid the possibility of me committing the same mistakes again.
    'I recall the words of Dostoevsky from his 'Notes from the Underground':
    How am I to set my mind at rest? What are the primary causes on which I am to build? Where are my foundations? Where am I to get them from? I exercise myself in reflections, and consequently, with me, every primary cause draws after itself another, still more, primary, and so on to infinity. That is just the essence of every sort of consciousnesses reflection.'
    This post of yourself has made me deeply contemplative. I start reading it again..
    Sri

Thyagarajan, Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I consider you as belonging to the generation that is very unique and focused on serving people around them. I have closely watched my dad and uncle and both of them blame themselves for missing opportunities to help others. My uncle's son (79 years old) who is a leading criminal lawyer is exactly the same. I have never seen them having conflict with anyone as they associate conflicts as problem in themselves. Conflict free life in the present generation is difficult, if not impossible.

In America, conflicts are very common as the culture is such allowing the right to bear arms as part of the constitution. Not knowing how to confront is considered as negative trait here in this country. In fact, that is one major negative comment I got most of the time at work. It is considered as lack of leadership quality.

Interestingly, whatever I said even applies when the conflict is with myself and my decision making. I still need to let the mind argue the justification for the wrong decision, forgive the emotion that caused such decision, a determination not to have that conflict again, etc. By nature, discriminating part (Buddhi) is soft spoken and can be heard only in the depth of silence. Noisy and dominant Manas likes patience but values perseverance eventually.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and smuruga like this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Kudos to you @Viswamitra sir for putting one of the most sensitive situations( coz I always treat conflict resolutions as a make or break situations) in an effective methodical approach.

I definitely have some good take away notes from this article.

Thanks too all the people here who are trying to refine human relations.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

@peddadas,

Thank you for your kind words. Certainly, every person who responds add so much value when I write here in IL. I am so glad you find the collective wisdom of all of us valuable. :)

Viswa

peddadas and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:excellent blog posted by you itself is akin to Serve to love and love to serve. *****.:clap2:
    Conflicts are inalienable part of not only human beings but also prevail among other species.
    Conflict resolution must also be part of syllabus at some level in academics as in post graduation of management studies.
    If it is taught at young age, perhaps it would pave way for a healthy society and peace at homes and nations.
    Regards. GOD BLESS.

messedup likes this.