Need answers for your Spiritual Queries??

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by swamy24598, Feb 25, 2013.

1. akash007

akash007 New IL'ite

I am planning to worship lord shiva in my home.
    My questions are :

Should I place shiva idol or shivalinga or photo of lord shiva?.
    Should I put photo of shiva family or is it ok to put picture of shiva alone?
    I have a small diya lamp so do I need to buy any other vilakk or lamps?
    How many wicks and in which direction I should light the lamp?
    Which direction should I sit while doing the poojas?
    Can you please tell me in simple steps how to do the daily pooja for lord shiva?
    Do I need to wash pooja equipments daily on once in a week? If once in a week then I neer to simply change the agartbatti left overs and wicks?
    At which time morning is the best time to do poojas?

Please answer to my queries.
    Thank you so much

2. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

This pariharam should be done at thiruvidaimaruthur mahalingaswamy temple, between 8- 10 am / daily

3. oliveleaf

oliveleaf New IL'ite

Dear Indusladies elites
    Want to ask the significance of the following incident.

My husband and myself are separated physically due to our jobs in different cities. Ours is an arranged marriage and since one year of our marriage, we have not lived together for more than one month. Husband is the only son and is brought up my possessive mil who hates me to the core bcz i did not go with any dowry. Husband lives with his parents and I'm away from him living alone in another city. Until this day we have not established a good foundation with love mainly bcz of constant fights that my mil and fil cause between us plus the distance between us. Now my husband thinks (under parents influence) that he deserves someone better and wants to divorce me. He said about the following incident that happened recently.

He had been to a swamiji ashram that he and his family are devoted to. According to him whenever he visits the ashram and prays for something, he gets some signs at that place which always come true to him. A few years back he was in love with a girl and he prayed there to marry her. While praying a lizard fell off on his shoulder and he suddenly felt inauspicious. Accordingly he did not marry her as the girl left him later.

So after our marriage, due to our constant fights we visited the ashram again with his family. He went there and said i think i should get out of this marriage as I'm unhappy in this rship. The priest there said if you think so then you should get out. Immediately there was a power cut as soon as the priest said it and the power came back in a few seconds. What is the significance behind the power cut for few seconds and coming back after few seconds, as soon as the priest there said leave your wife? My mil has told my husband that God has given the signal by doing the power cut. Is this inference correct?

Next, I am a Shirdi Baba devotee and I was praying to Baba last week about reuniting with my husband as my husband is asking for a divorce (under parents influence). I have an electric lamp at my house and I dont use the regular oil lamp as in anyone's house. While I was praying the wire of the electric lamp was constantly rubbing my legs and I tried to adjust the wire. While adjusting the wire, i unkowingly pulled off the wire from the socket and the lamp went off. I again plugged it in and the lamp turned on. What is the significance behind this?

My husband wanted to end this marriage and when he was talking about this there was a power cut immediately after the priest said okay leave your wife.
    Then when i prayed to Baba for saving our marriage, i myself pulled the lamp unknowingly. Please tell me what is the significance behind these two incidents. thanks in advance.