1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spouse & I With Dad - A Surgical Operation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you sister.
    GOD BLESS

2. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I was moved by your post. It opened a flood gate of memories and I am not a good writer to pen my thoughts coherently. Hence I marked the like. I was reminded of the last days of my grandfather. He was a foodie and loved to eat food prepared by grandma and mom. When he was sick he would request one favourite after another until one day he said that he is satisfied and does not desire anything more. He passed away a few days later. He was not a perfect man. But he loved his grandchildren a lot, especially me and my sisters. When his own children would visit him in the hospital he would ask for us, "where are *my* children". In his last days he would only listen to me to take medicines or to try and walk a bit. I remember trimming his white curly beard to keep it neat. I miss him so much even after almost 20 years.

HazelPup, messedup and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:it is very nice of you to write nice FB relating it with your grandpa and his idiosyncrasies after nearly 2 decades.
    I am particularly glad that you acceeding my request for comments.
    Thanks and REGARDS.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this....:)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:@IL_Admin
    Upon finding an indecent and out of character FB appeared in this thread on the very day or the next of posting, I marked my objection and requested for its removal.
    2. The above was done through my I pad.
    3. Since then I tried repeatedly to access the indusladies website and stay on the page or its other section after the home.
    This action is intercepted by a direction asking to open the site through an app.apsflyer.com showing the icon of Apple incorp. Preceeding and succeeding actions leads to erotic undesirable page.
    3. This is not happening when I use the same Ipad for visiting other websites including Google search.
    4. This hinders my regular contribution by way of responses and new posts and quantum of time spent greatly diminished.
    5. My efforts with Apple community for advice to over come though yielded responses yet they are found not useful at all to avoid or eliminate the aforesaid interceptions.
    What is the glitch???

6. Thyagarajan

@yellowmango @goldenhoney87
    Thanks for tapping the LIKE option. Shall look forward to your valuable comments.
    God grants Godspeed in our earnest endeavour.

7. Thyagarajan

@yellowmango @goldenhoney87
    Thanks for tapping the LIKE option. Shall look forward to your valuable comments.
    God grants Godspeed in our earnest endeavour.

8. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Dear thyagarajan sir
    You are truly blessed to care of your dear father till/during the last breath.Very much touched after reading the post for twice. What all i can say is your life is completely successful with this.Many in this world can never get to do that( too many commitments and far off children) or reach by the time where parents can no longer recognise the feeling of happiness of their children arrival(i.e.,bed ridden or comatose state, deaths due to accident, age related alzeimerhs etc)
    Though we keep sending finances even if needed or not needed and things of their interest and give instructions over phone to keep themselves healthy what makes them really happy is their children beside.Nothing can beat that feeling.
    When we are children we have so many wants/needs to ask our parents.When we get to settle later on in life what all they ask is-
    Why don't you take leave and come?
    Can we plan to come to your place as you can't come?
    Some parents because of friction with either son in law, daughter in law or for whatsoever reasons(health issues, cannot leave their home place) cannot make visits to their children's place.
    My sincere prayers for all our members that everbody is fortunate enough to get time to spend with their parents.

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:with your FB, You too turned my eyes moist evidencing that those lines came from your heart and the yearning to be with your beloved patents. I agree in Toto with what all you had stated.
    My spouse and I took a collective decision to join our parents during their sunset years. Yes we were fortunate in many respects.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS.

10. theceo

theceo New IL'ite

Sad story but there is a life in this

Thyagarajan likes this.