back to work after a break

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Tulasi, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Letsjusb

Letsjusb New IL'ite

Like many of you here,even I am looking for jobs after a gap of 4 years. Due to visa restrictions i was unable to work and now looking for jobs in the IT field. I have one year of SAP ABAP development experience from India and now this huge gap has made a very bad impression on my resume. I am looking for suggestions as to how to re-join the industry? I love to work on ABAP and it was something I would prefer to do even now, but since the job hunt has not been going too well, I am open to different options now. Is it a good idea to do a certification, many(in other forums) mentioned that certification will not place a person with a career gap in a better place than a new grad. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

2. tejashreer

tejashreer New IL'ite

It was very heartening to read this thread. I am currently on a career break for the last 2 years for my kid and I do hope to get back into the IT workforce someday. Reading the above has definitely boosted my confidence as I was very scared that I would not be able to join back once I took a break.

3. dhanashri1011

dhanashri1011 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    l have 1 year old son and currently no support from family or in laws to take are of him. I wanted to take a break of 2 years for him ,but unable to do so due to increasing financial pressure. My husband works for a private IT firm. I have 8 years of experience in Java.

I want to explore some options to work from home.Has anyone tried their hand in Blogging ,Youtube channel or Android apps development? How much can one earn by doing these?

Please help.

Thank you.

I posted here because I am unable to create new thread. Please move if not appropriate.

4. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

There has been quite a bit of awareness about maternity breaks, so many companies are ok with these breaks. Just that they should have a job opening and looking for woman candidates.