1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Despicable Me - Cultivating Self-compassion

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by HappyBunny, Aug 6, 2018.

1. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

I went over '50 Ways to Untwist Your Thinking' by David Burns. Spent some time writing down my thoughts on points that are relevant to me.
    I feel infinitely better. I have been avoiding doing any such exercises so far because I didn't want to feel better.

I know the relief will be temporary because I will most likely be back to my old ways within a week. But that is enough time to get some things done and stay afloat.
    I had an extremely productive day today. Still way too much to do, but I did my best today and that is all I can do.

2. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Cooked something I like that I hardly ever make.

Another productive day today. Spent some quality time with family.

Laks09, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  3. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Went for a nice walk with family.

Did not expect it but had a very sluggish day. Kept trying to get back on track but only mildly productive.
    Determined to start tomorrow with a clean slate and not be impacted by today's mood.

Half my brain is observing all this with barely concealed disdain, waiting for the rest of me to go sit in the dustbin. I am telling it 'not yet'.

Edit: Come to think of it - I cooked, cleaned, did my skin care routine, de-cluttered, gardened, spent time with family. And did manage to check some things off my list for today. That is not mildly productive. It has to be called at least moderately productive (bargaining with myself? :tearsofjoy:)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

In what dictionary that is being anything less productive? So much for a day, I feel dead out already just preparing breakfast and my lunch box! :smile:

Cheer up, you did good! :beer-toast1:

5. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Cooking does that to me too :BangHead:

6. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

No electronic devices today after leaving my office (until now for posting this). Quite a treat! Going to sleep now.

I completed a multi-day training workshop today. This is the first time I conducted it and I am happy with how it went. But 12 hours of speaking to strangers! I am glad it's done.

Srama, kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HappyBunny likes this.
  8. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Thanks. I did go through this site, found it when I googled self compassion. I will try to get the book.

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

For someone who is so judgmental about everything to do with self, I am remarkably laid back when it comes to being overweight. Knowing myself, that's a good thing. But I gained over 10 lb this summer, mostly stress eating. Today I decided that it is enough.
    I am going to make small changes from tomorrow. No crash diets, no impossibly difficult plans for exercise, no pressure - just one small change to diet or activity during the day.

Gauri03, Srama and kaniths like this.
  10. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Friday: I listened to a time management video that asked me to write down my goals for the next month, next 6 months, next year. And to cut the fluffy time wasters that have nothing to do with those goals. I wrote down the goals. But cutting out the time wasters - not so easy. First I need to write down a time log and see where my time is going.

Sat: Did not do the skin care thingy. Did not reproach myself.

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.