1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Be Best Friends For Ever……

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anusowmyan, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

FRIENDSHIP DAY is celebrated on the first Sunday in the month of August. Friend is a word which we know from our childhood days. Schools & Colleges create a great space for friends &friendship. Friends are made in every walk of life and many continue with us from the school days and last long till old age. Lucky are the ones who are around friends. From our younger days these quotes made us realise what friendship is.

Friend in need is a friend indeed.

Tell your friend I will tell who you are.

The ship that never sinks in the ocean of life is friendship.

The importance of Friendship is induced through Mythological characters like Krishna & Kuchela, Duryodhana & Karna. Many fables carry the message of true friendship and this helps children to understand the nature of friendship.

Tomorrow is Friendship Day. we miss many of our friends as they stay overseas or somewhere away from us. We can send messages and talk over phone. After school, it’s only a few go to same colleges and study together. Later on career, marriage, family all take their turn and the quality time becomes very negligible. In order to maintain this good friendship & to make it last longer a few simple measures are required……….

ONLY ME:

First of all don’t feel that you should be the only friend to him/her.

NOT REMEMBERED? BUT NEVER THINKS TO FORGET

Don’t get disturbed if he/she didn’t greet you on special occasions.

HANDLES IT IN HIS/HER OWN WAY

Don’t expect him/her to disclose all his/her family or job issues with you.

YOU ARE SPECIAL TO HER/HIM, SHE/HE IS SPECIAL TO YOU.

Don’t compare yourself with him /her. You are two different personalities.

SHE/HE LIKES YOU THE WAY YOU ARE

· Don’t feel inferior in any way about anything.

NO ENTRY

Don’t allow third party interference If any problem, sort out immediately together.

QUALITY TIME

When you meet, talk about things that you both enjoy doing it.

· CARE FOR EACH OTHER

As you age, include sharing health tips, quitting bad habits if any, savings for children’s education, Retirement plans etc.

· PAT UP

Try to boost each other to face the ups & downs in life. Never discourage or feel bad.

· BE IN TOUCH

The support from friends is a rich asset. Take time to know about his well-being & provide him a shoulder to cry-on in the crisis period. Because there will be many to cheer him/her in his celebrations. But you make sure to stand there at the needed time.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

An excellent compilation extolling the virtues of true friendship. Only thing is that it should not stop with the Friendship Day. I know a guy who brings his mother from Old age Home to celebrate Mother's Day every year and leave her back in the Old Age Home on the following day!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

this made me message my friends :banana:

4. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Thank you DavenaRosalie. I'm happy with what you have done.

Truly cheeniya, It's not only for friendship day. It's for ever.

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

6. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thanks for the reply

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::clap2::disappointed:between hello and applause you had put how to of friendship and it's maintenance.
    2. Yes I made friends some lasting few months some years and some even decades.
    3. In sheet one of my excel file I have notes about 30 of my school and or class mates, around another thirty of my college and 26 of my engineering.Many of these friends are still in touch with me and have become family friends.
    5. .You are right. These friends were through my thick and thin.

My schoolmate VSJ unforgettable .He helped sharing his lunch With me during 6 years till 1958 When we finished sslc. He did endineering drawings for my seminar subject and d
    remembered me while celebrating his second grandson'rebirth anniversary at Khadr near UAE. SR my BSc classmate 1961-64 resided closed to my home became my parents unborn second son. When I was away for about 25 years from my parents, he was regularly meeting and helped them in many ways. When I landed inBombay my batch mate TSK helped me with shelter and food till I get my first salary. My parents gave their gas connection to TSK WHEN he got married and arrived at Bombay.
    6. Though he with his beloved now in senior home at Coimbatore, every week end would telephone and enquire welfare.
    7. I have and had many durable friendship that exceeded almost three decades.

8. It was all possible because I adopted various combinations of techniques you have summed it up in your blog.
    8. Thanks for the nostalgia that I always cherish and stay green in my memory.
    9. I have completed one year and this is anniversary month with my virtual pals in indusladies. There was enormous learning and benefits from my virtual friends here including you.
    GOD BLESS US with many best friends.
    Regards.

8. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

congratulations for completing an year @ indusladies. Happy to know about your friends. thanks for sharing with us.

Thyagarajan likes this.