1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Your primary physician will refer you to a psychiatrist or psychologist.
    There are many medications for depression. You can discuss with the psychiatrist There is no diagnosis. Even if it's there, no one is going to know about it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Does it help.. are we supposed to have it forever?do you feel a difference

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

excerpt from Dr. Pemberton:
    Are antidepressants addictive?
    "One of the questions people often ask me when we discuss taking antidepressants is whether or not they're addictive. The simple answer to this is no. But, because it does cause concern amongst people, I think it's worth spending some time explaining in more detail. Unlike alcohol, heroin or nicotine, antidepressants are not addictive because you don't need to keep increasing the dose to get the same effect and you won't crave them if you stop taking them."

There is more in the link. However, having said that, one must recall this is what Americans thought about Oxycontin, the narcotic pain medication. And now we read that they have a prescription drug addiction. In India this problem is only among the upper middle class and the wealthy. It is much easier and cheaper to get prescriptions for anything in India.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

It does help. There are lots of misconceptions regarding side effects.
    Not forever.
    I do feel better.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That’s nice to know

6. Sunshine04

It's not addictive.
    I couldn't function at all .not able to do daily routine activities.
    Of course my personal issues are very severe.
    When you start feeling better, the dosage can be reduced and weaned off later.
    Consult a good psychiatrist.
    I would suggest counseling also for you before looking into medication

anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Okay will do that..I am checking with GP and ask her to refer me someone

8. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Yes it did help me, I was very miserable but when I started taking SSRI I started feeling better after few weeks as it takes time to build in your system.
    But never ever take sedatives(sometime doctors prescribe along with antidepressants because antidepressants causes unpleasant side effects like depression itself for sometime)
    Sedatives are very addictive and if you leave it cold turkey it causes more and more depression n anxiety ...

anika987 likes this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are these nearby relatives yours or your husband's?

10. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

I’m signing into indusladies after years. I came across your post and couldn’t help replying. I did go through the same phase esp after years of talking with so many guys in the process of matrimony. I was getting anxious and went through sleepless nights. I was in the verge of getting into depression. I went to India and met a psychiatrist . The problem was psychiatrist here couldn’t relate that a girl who is 30 single not married meeting guys etc. I mean cultural barrier.
    Anyway long story short my visits with psychiatrist helped me. She didn’t prescribe me medication but just counseling. It got me confidence. I started prannic healing( I had a relative teaching me) . I was slowly able to forgive relatives friends stupid guys I met ie alliance etc. even now some days I get into panic attacks and anxiety negative thoughts , I try to pray hard to get over it.
    I would say pleased visit doctor soon. Don’t take sleeping pills they are addictive also with anti depressants. My cousin went through the same as yours .she was working as android developer in India and US for 10yrs before quitting. She didn’t want to work her husband was ok but relatives , in laws, friends society drove her crazy. She went into depression at one pt she didn’t want to take care of her kids started losing trust on her husband. She didn’t listen to anyone esp me and her mom saying she will go to depression if she doesn’t forgive. She had to go through hard route of medications.

Amulet and anika987 like this.