100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Found a local coffee & food shop and went in with boys after a cycle ride. The food was very healthy and the waitresses were so warming towards their customers. Felt so happy being visited there.

Giri12, Viswamitra, Laks09 and 9 others like this.
  2. anithasmile

anithasmile Senior IL'ite

I used to share all my feelings with my husband and get a releif.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 10 Monday 8/6: Discipline helped to not respond in a hot thread where I had already posted 3-4 times.

Day 11 Tuesday 8/7:
    "Notice, label, acknowledge without judging the thought as unwelcome or yourself as bad, let go. Notice, label, acknowledge, let go.That's it. Soon you will see that thoughts arise, persist for a while, and then disappear ..."
    Had read this in IL recently. Remembered to apply it when dealing with a long drawn out work email conversation. I dread the ping of inbox, and the thought will have to compose yet another response. Tried the 'notice, label, acknowledge, let go' to the feelings of dread. Works. Acknowledge, don't fight. You end up with a calmer you and the not sapped energy to focus on the actual task. On an ironic note, turned out that the person also wanted acknowledgement of his issue, not a solution. : )

Viswamitra, Giri12, Laks09 and 7 others like this.
  4. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Rained all through the evening. The climate turned pleasant. Decided to go for a post dinner walk to the beach. All of a sudden, it started drizzling. We had an umbrella. Me and hubby walked together under the umbrella along the beach side, sharing some nice moments. Was memorable.
    #a walk to remember

Rihana, Giri12, kkrish and 7 others like this.
  5. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

On another note, logged in 7k steps yesterday. Planning to be more consistent in the coming weeks.

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Seeing a rainbow and listening to my younger son singing 'million dreams' made my day!

Rihana, Viswamitra, Giri12 and 8 others like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Driving to the doctor's office, I am listening to some drab news! DD reaches out and changes the frequency to some peppy music - it instantly lightened my mood :)

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My cleaning lady has been very understanding of my situation. The house was more messy than if a tornado tore through while I left this morning. I left a note of apology as has been the case in the recent months. Came back to a clean lower level with her waiting in the kitchen with some "remedy" specially formulated for me. I drank that tea(mint leaves and kanni kurka leaves that I've never seen in the US before this). Instantly felt my bloating relieve and cramps get better. She also got the plants for me to plant and get fresh leaves. I'm supposed to drink the tea daily until I feel better.

She then announces that "we" are cleaning my closet, on my only therapy free driving free afternoon :yikes::yikes::yikes:. It took us five hours to get it done but in the end I have a clean/organized closet. The various organizers, hangers, more organizers all ordered from amazon sitting in various corners of my room came in handy! If not for her sharing my load, I wouldn't have been able to do it. She told me not to pay her for the job because she didn't get the time to clean upstairs. I took her out for dinner along with the kids and we ordered dessert to go for a job well done. I come back home and a friend and fellow special needs mom sends the below to me - sharing the load. How apt!

This photo/painting is powerful. If you have been following the story of a mother orca whose baby died and she keeps pushing it above water. She was getting too tired to carry it so the pod stepped in and the other females are taking turns carrying baby so mom can rest and eat. I love it. They are on day 10 of carrying a dead baby across the sea. In a literal sense they are carrying her grief because it is too heavy. It’s so symbolic to me how the woman in my life have done this for me. Stepped up and held my broken things so I can rest. I see my daughters learning to do this too. Holding their sister and her heart up high so she can breathe. What a beautiful way of showing love and support and sliding over so there is room for all of us.
    Artist: Lori Christopher
    Grieving Mother Orca Refuses To Let Dead Baby Go After 10 Days
    38633627_10155937133949372_8008096428972834816_n.jpg

10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Climbed a mountain Bennachie and the feeling you get when you are on top of a mountain when a strong wind touches you, kids screams with the joy that they have done it, clouds seems to be reachable and you get a feeling that you can achieve whatever you set to do as long as it is according to dharma. Felt grateful.