The Universal Formula Of Nature

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by GeetaKashyap, Aug 3, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, @signature, for your nice feedback. We are indeed certified survivors.

signature likes this.
  2. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

Beautiful. Such a deep understanding of Life

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Thanks, @ranju5. Basically, these are notes to self. It would be wonderful if anyone can further it by adding their thoughts to this blog. All of us can learn and grow together.:)

4. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

agreed what a lovely thought

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

Now add your thoughts, philosophies etc:)

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geeta Madam,
    A highly introspective snippet!From cradle to coffin,in all the creations of nature ,there is struggle for existence, and the survival of the fittest.
    I am reminded of how an eagle learns to fly.

When we see eagles flying at great heights we may think that eagles fly by instinct.Many do not know that if eagles are not taught to fly, they will be safe and lazy like ducks.

Mother eagle builds nest way up high in a tree,gathers soft things to line the nest.The baby eagles love the soft nest. Mother feeds them bit by bit.When it is time for the baby to fly, the same mother becomes stiff. She removes the soft things one by one,roughens the nest with sharp sticks and thorns and make the nest as uncomfortable as possible for the baby.The eaglets,losing the comfort zone come near the edge of the nest, look around the world. The mother flaps its wings. The child climbs on it.Mother flies taking the baby on its wings.When the baby feels very secure seating on her mother, the mother dives suddenly,plummating downwards,depriving the baby of its seat.The baby is in a free fall,tumbling down and down.The mother within seconds catches hold of the baby,comforts and gives some rest.This comfort does not last long. Once again the mother pushes the baby out in the air.The process gets repeated hundreds of times until the baby is strong enough to fly alone & experiences the thrill of total freedom.
    The mother,notwithstading its affection makes sure what is good for the baby. The intensive coaching makes the child live on its own.She does not hesitate to make the baby suffer for good.
    What a great training comparable to army training!God or Mother nature may be likened
    to mother eagle or vice versa.
    We have been trained by our parents by their advices, actions and behaviour-some to our liking and some totally unfavourable to our young minds.We meet good and bad people and learn how to be and how not to be.Every small experience,good or bad gives us some lesson or other.We have anxieties and agonies, trials and turbulances , come out for a short while ,enjoy a few moments of happiness only to face next trials.

Very often I use to wonder whether all of us are participating in a quiz competition for which nature or God is the quiz master.Unlike in a quiz programme, winner or loser is not sent out of the competition and all go to the next stage automatically.The game goes on endlessly.There are breezy sessions, storms, floods and tornadoes ,rightly or wrongly we swim across.The scores are not sent to us.They are perhaps sent to the highest authority .Do we win or lose? We don't know. Impressions are stated to be carried over to next birth, if we believe in subsequent births or may end up in heaven/hell -subject to our belief.
    As such we are forced to get indulged in a game.
    Success or failure,happiness/sorrow-just move along.If we succeed in our attempts, we may pat ourselves that it is due to our intelligence, wisdom, great efforts ,timely actions and so on.If we fail not withstanding good efforts, we may learn lessons, blame destiny or simply accept.
    That is the Universal law of nature.
    Very well written Madam.
    Jayasala 42

7. GeetaKashyap

@jayasala42 ma'am,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback and for appreciating my little effort. It means a lot to me.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful thread, Geeta. What an apt analogy! Had never ever thought of it like that. Very true, childbirth must be equally traumatic for the baby. In fact even the time spent inside the womb could not be easy in the later stages, given the tight space. No wonder Shankaracharya talked of 'punarapi jananam, punarapi maranam, punarapi janani jathare shayanam'. Could you please share the link to that blog?

9. GeetaKashyap

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @GeetaKashyap ,

I am glad I finally made my way to this writing of yours - didn't know where it was posted and today seemed like the day to look for it!

This story is well summarized as you may know by Richard Bach with this quote “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.”

I often tell my kids and myself not to take away the credit from anybody's story - successful or otherwise. We never know the struggles people go through to get where ever they are, even if we think they are born with a silver spoon. It is a journey and most people while understand their story, a little bit of understanding and a nod from fellow passengers on this earth will make the journey that much better.