Letter To Iyer Viji

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aamrapali, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to know. May her soul rest in peace. Have a safe trip and Get well soon @iyerviji ma

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    iyerviji likes this.
  2. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Rip to your sil and daughters mil.

Please take care of your health.

Praying god for your good health. Keep contributing your snippets of life experience. It has inspired so many women like me..

iyerviji, sindmani and Lalithambigai like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I am short of words to express my feelings. You have written so much high about me do not know whether I am worthy. IL has given me so many daughters here including you and I am overwhelmed with the love they show me.
    Your letter has come at a time when I was depressed because of my health condition. I was losing hope of living since it is heart problem . Children are there to look after me.

Your letter has inspired me to live . We don't know each other and I am amazed you know so much about me reading my snippets. Even I don't remember what all I have written

Glad to know you think of me everyday.I am also glad to have met you. Thanks very much for such a loving and emotional letter which touched me. God bless you and your family with good health and happiness
    E="aamrapali, post: 4074495, member: 244626"]Dear Viji Maami,

This letter from me to you has been long overdue. I have thought of writing many, many times but kept putting it off. Tonight, I decided to write to you. I am Aamrapali and that is how I am known on Indusladies. You and I have never met, never known each other outside of IndusLadies, never messaged one another. In fact, this is the first time, I am contacting you at this personal level.

I am a simple ordinary middle class woman from Chennai and now residing in USA. Across both these countries, I have met a few people who have stayed with me forever in various forms - some coworkers, some friends, some on online forums like you. For many reasons, these people have never left me in the sense they have been strong influencers and are with me through my most mundane days, somewhere in the background, influencing the way I think, act and do.

Viji maami, you are one of them.

You may find this amusing, but sometimes a day does not pass by when I do not think of you. You may wonder why - but it is the so little that I know about you that has impacted me.

Your posts that share your memories about your early married life in a chawl, your memories surrounding your job - promotion - retirement - colleagues, your children and grand-children, your passion for hand-made jewelry to give to your friends and family, your religious pursuits, your spiritual thinking, your finding strength amidst difficult circumstances. Above all, I learnt from you how to be simple, down-to-earth, have minimal needs but to derive a whole lot of contentment from what I have.

I learnt from you how to balance personal interests, family relationships and professional expectations. You have thought me how to find happiness in the little things in life, how not to be greedy, how to be sentimental, nostalgic AND practical - all at the same time. I learnt from you to be comfortable being who I am without guilt, shame or remorse. We spend a big (useless) chunk of our life worrying about what another person is going to think about us. In this fast-paced busy hurried world, we have a constant need to be noticed, for approval and to impress. We are then depressed and dejected when our expectations are not met. You have rekindled the belief in me that if one is simple, pure at heart and a sincere good human being, there is truly really nothing to fear at the end of the day. You have made me confident to keep doing whatever I do with sincerity no matter who agrees, disagrees, accepts, criticizes.

We meet many people in our life who have a positive impact on us but we hesitate to tell them - sometimes our ego or pride comes in our way to acknowledge, at other times we think we may embarass them with our compliments, or they may feel obligated and uncomfortable accepting compliments. Even if in an online forum, I am happy I could share this with you.

I think your children and grand-children are lucky to have someone like you in their life that they can look up to as a role model and an influencer to help them lead productive, constructive, positive lives. I don't know if our paths will ever cross - I hope they do.

Thank you Viji Maami for everything. I am glad I met you in my life.[/QUOTE]

sindmani, Laks09, aamrapali and 4 others like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima have a speedy recovery !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks very much dear for your loving message which has given inspiration to live

sumalynux likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Thanks dear for the loving message

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks dear for your prayers and good wishes and your loving message

Thyagarajan and sreeram like this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks dear for giving me so much love. No words to show my feelings.Glad you wanted to nominate. I am also surprised how @aamrapali has written sosmuch about meQUOTE="kkrish, post: 4074532, member: 131174"]This is very sweet of you @aamrapali
    A very befitting snippet for a lovely person.
    Yes, the world tends to show us all the popular celebrities, but amongst us is this gem who has shown us how to be positive in life.
    Vijima comes in my thoughts too many times.

I used up all my nominations for this month; if someone nominates this post I am all for it.[/QUOTE]

Thyagarajan, sreeram, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

[/QUOTE]
    Dear Vijima,

Get well soon. We were waiting for your reaction.:cheer:Spend more time here and you will be fine.:):thumbup:

10. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Mami,

Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.