1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love & Serve

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 14, 2018.

1. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi,nice one you shared,it reminded my quote which I wrote earlier I just want to share
    Quotes_Creator_20171121_104716~2.png

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

Thank you for your lovely response. There are nice people everywhere in the world. Yes. It could be dangerous if a driver is smiling at a woman traveling alone in strange places. I can understand the risks associated with reciprocating the nicety in such situations. My experience while traveling overseas was also very pleasant especially when we use the same person again for a second trip.

Viswa

3. Viswamitra

RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:at least in MUMBAI it was a mixed trend in the past. With proliferation of uber and Ola, the trend is switched to almost congenial and amicable thanks to training imparted to drivers in varities of soft skill.
    2. In 1970s commuters traveling in yellow cabs used to be cheated smiligly by turbanned white uniformed drivers especially during dawn.
    With the sleight of the hand and fingers they would claim the money paid short by quickly replacing the higher denominated currency for a lower one . In the dim or dimmed light the commuter would believe the driver at his words and pay the difference.
    3. We see now more smile and serve in hotels. when I was exiting leaving generous tips (to insure proper pleasant service in future) in the bill folder, the waiter came running to me said, "Sir, here I am returning your tips. It is against our hotel policy to demand or receive tips for the services rendered as service charges included already in the food bill.
    4. This happened with one of the popular hotels which has branches in many places in CHENNAI And other parts of India and the world.
    5. Smile and serve reminds of passage in epic Ramayana written in Tamil by bard Khambar euologising virtues of Hanuman ; in epic Mahabharata Dropath smiled at Duryodhana's faux pa and the disastrous effect on her clan.

Thanks and regards.
    God BLESS US with reciprocated smiling and serve comfort always in our nation and elsewhere.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    satchitananda likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:It is nice to read and re read chiefly fir its rhyming - never and ever & forever but it also puts one in contemplation as to the practicality of observing varieties of emotions as underscored in this sonnet.
    2. Perhaps repeated reading as often as possible would work like charm as chanting powerful manthras that is believed to invoke particular deity to bestow a kind of virtue or blessing.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Viswa Sir,

By reading your snippet, I felt the warmness and the love at this end. I am typing this with a big smile in my face. Love all and serve all is the principle I am trying to achieve. Smiling and being kind come with zero cost and it benefit with immense inner happiness. Smiling is a powerful tool indeed.
    Thank you Viswa uncle,
    Vani

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  7. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello,
    Thank you for your valuable feedback.Its nice to see with all appreciation.
    Regards
    RatnaMalliswari

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:As a rejoinder to my RESPONSE TO FB @44 an example of Sardar Serve and smile and vice versa an be found illustrated in the anecdote for which link is:

Monsoon, Mayuri & Amar - Are They…..rh Negative
    Thanks and REGARDS.

9. Viswamitra

My Dearest Vani,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering why I didn't get a response from you. Love all and serve all principle can never fail. As you rightly said smiling and being kind itself is a service and it shows the level of inner happiness. We are very blessed to learn about love all and serve all principle. When it is done with an attitude that it benefits us and not others, it elevates to a very different new level.

Whether it is singing bhajans, serving the elderly or poor over the week end, cooking meal at home for my family, conversing with family, friends and business contact, I speak with immense amount of love and joy. It makes difference in day to day life.

A friend of mine in UK is serving the people in the prison for the past 40 years by taking cookies, freshly baked cakes, hot meals, etc. on specific days in a month. He told that almost all the prisoners look forward to him and his wife's arrival every month and never miss anyone from the family not visiting them. Another friend of mine in Mumbai has written an outstanding book for the prisoners about rehabilitation while waiting to rejoin the society. She used to be an ILite here. I really admire their efforts of not leaving anyone behind while they are still in this beautiful planet. :)

Viswa

girvani and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

sorry uncle I was away climbing mountains in Norway. So much to learn from people and thank you so much for sharing your friend's stories.

Viswamitra likes this.