1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ilived

Ilived New IL'ite

Scarlett letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne’s!!

2. Kayal646

Kayal646 New IL'ite

I have completed sunset series and now currently reading
    Closure by Randall Wood

3. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

When breath becomes air by Paul kalanithi

nemesis likes this.
  4. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

5. raswam

raswam Senior IL'ite

The latest book that I completed reading is 'Transcendence' by Dr A P J Abdul Kalam. He connects spirituality with science very beautifully. If India has leaders with such passion, it will not only benefit our country, but the humanity as a whole.

I often wondered how people like Mahatma Gandhi or Nelson Mandela were able to appeal the masses and change the course of the nation. From his book, Dr Kalam, showed it in a scientific way of how it was possible.

The power of small children when guided by a proper leader (Pramukh Swamiji of BAPS) can turn 630,000 addicts to come out of their addiction.

The healthy relationship/ understanding between the religious leader and Dr Vikram Sarabhai in establishing the space research station in Thumba, Kerala shows how we the people of India were at that time and how we have changed now...

I feel, this book is a must read by the people who are leaders in their respective fields, or people who want to grow as future leaders. Last but not the least, the teachers and educated parents so that they can share these insights to the children for the bright future.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Finished "The Palace of Illusions" by Chitra Banerjee. Mahabharata on Draupadi's PoV. It was a good read!!

7. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

hi

i recently read :apprentice to HImalayan masters by Swami Rama.
    i thought it would be similar to Autobiography of a yogi, but i was disappointed.
    the book was interesting at the start : himalayan caves /the discipline required/how he got there. i even started discussing the chapters with my husband.
    but after a point of time it only mentioned his meetings with other famous persons. like he has met so many famous people. also some anecdotes seemed incomplete or lacking in analysis/his learnings.
    then i went online & found some sexual harassment cases against him, having a son etc. dont know if that is true but i simply lost interest. cudnt even complete the last chapters.

8. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

read another interesting book: the complete hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :douglas adams: complete set.
    science fiction but very very humorous,rather satirical & loads of insights.
    i mean after a long time i read a book that i enjoyed thoroughly & was actually disappointed that it ended.
    the events are so out of the world with event endings even more bizarre. my mind must have done a couple of somersaults...:sconf::rolleye:
    anyway i wud recommend it to anyone looking towards refreshing their perspective on life.

9. DP1

DP1 New IL'ite

10. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Yagnaseni by Pratiba Roy... another Mahabharata book in Draupadis POV