1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Upset And Angry Right Now

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

nevermind ......

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Amica, kaniths and messedup like this.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Cool baby pls

3. ChennaiExpress

I will post a mature and intelligent question that can be answered by IL, please stand by ...

4. ChennaiExpress

5. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

For some reason an ad is blocking the reply area so I will reply here.
    My FIL had a similar bad news friend. It took my husband being treated poorly by that man's son for my FIL to cut the bad news friend off at last ( no good friend he had for years too.) It was the bad news friend's idea to send my husband to USA but when he came they didn't help him. And when he still managed to be in the same field as his son, his son gave my husband a place to stay but treated him like a servant in the house instead of helping him grow in the field. He used my husband as if he was his errand boy, but did nothing to find him another job. At this time we are not married. My husband handled it well despite the poor treatment and allowed his father to tell off his friend. For me time apart makes wounds hurt less, become occupied with your interests, and the memory will fade until you think of them less and less each month. In my case this does not apply to the friend but to all my in-laws who caused much damage in my marriage for 5 years by constantly involving him in his leech elder sister's drama $$$$$$$$$$$. I have calm now, my marriage has improved since I am not in contact with anyone of my in-laws anymore as the last remaining sis-in-law who actually admitted how horrible her family is as they even treated her like an outsider! Yet she decided she couldn't bear the pressure of criticism with keeping in touch with a DIL (me) who will not speak to in-laws. So they succeeded in turning her against me which was disappointing as this was the 2nd time she did this to me, root of problem FIL and leech SIL +DH for putting up with it for years at nearly the cost of our marriage. DH has now adjusted but it wasn't easy, I was treated like the enemy for 5 years by DH. It was as if in-laws could do no wrong and were justified always in their poor treatment of me. Things only started to improve this year. Their absence = peace. No more comments, head games or passive aggressive provocation to get a rise out of me. No more constantly being insulted by "jokes" that are at my expense. No more criticism for how frequently I mingle or not, and with who. I feel so free, the thought of never seeing them again gives me great peace. I try not to remind myself how I feel like an idiot for being patient kind and respectful to in-laws. I just remind myself that they want a person they can dominate and that is not me. My only sadness is I will miss my husband's nieces, shame, my SIL is so weak, and will not stand her ground. FIL and leech SIL controls the family opinion etc.

6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Sorry I have not been at home for the past one week. When I opened ur thread I cud see a lot of advices . Thought of responding u but the suggestions given by other ILs are really worth it. So I think u are now relaxed after reading all advices here. :) good day.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

Oh wow, my heart goes out to you.

You were stuck with someone who treated you like doormat. Luckily you are now feeling relief.

Hope you are able to stand your ground if MIL sneaks in again....