1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chitragupt

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Jul 16, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Film: Bhabhi. A song by Md Rafi.

Film: Insaaf. A song by Talat Mehmood and Asha Bhonsle.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    My dear Mistt
    Apologies?What for? You haven't done anything to apologise. Frank expressions do not need apologies. I understand that not all younger people would appreciate old songs. It's a matter of tastes. I see nothing wrong in it. Please don't apologise.
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

@GeetaKashyap
    Thanks a lot for your additions. Lovely songs they are.

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    I can feel your happiness in writing all these music directors and I shouldn't expressed my view like that. Sorry for that.
    I am seeing how the new generation tastes are at my home itself. My kids used to listen along with me all my favorite songs till they reach 5 th grade. Now, leave Hindi songs because they don't understand Hindi and even they aren't listening Telugu too. Just stick to western music.( I don't have any idea how the kids are in India). They say old songs are lullabies. That is their choice Now and who knows one day they want these lullabies only.:)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. Cheeniya

@Mistt
    My dear Mistt
    It's only natural. People of my own generation, barring a few, have no taste for songs of early '1900. It's all natural. When I watch Tamil serials, my grandchildren ask me to grow up! Old order changeth giving place to new!
    Sri

Mistt likes this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya sir, please do not stop writing. While the audience number may be limited to these threads, they are faithful!! I for one, do not reply much, but enjoy each and every post of yours about these singers.

I am in my 30s now and I grew up listening to variety of music, but what stuck with me are the songs of these masters!! Very few songs from the late 1900s and recent years appeal to me as much as these old ones - be it Tamil or Hindi!!

Mistt likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@peartree
    You are much younger than both my daughters. They love the old Hindi songs and they never miss the telecast of old songs. Not only Hindi, I love the old songs of Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. Modern songs are nice too but they lack 'soul'.

Mistt likes this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

+1
    Please don't stop writing on yesteryears music directors. I would like to add more un known awesome songs to my collection and enjoy those soothing music. Thank you Sir.

9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Ayyo why! Ur threads have been bringing many of us such nostalgic memories. Hard pressed for time at desk(out in the field) .Will checkin more in the coming days. Please don't stop.

Cheeniya likes this.