1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love & Serve

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viswamithra Sir,
    I wanted to give my fb before nominating thread itself but occupied with other things. Title of the thread ( Love and serve) attracted me to read your post and I have good memories of NJ and NY. Nice narration of your experience and I can see your happiness in your words. I got similar kind of positive and something unknown happiness when my recent visit with physician and it made me do some changes with in myself.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

this lovely narration bring to mind:

"as is the microcosm so is the macrocosm"

would love to know the name of the Divine mother

God Bless

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Mistt,

Thank you for your response. I am so thrilled to know that it was the title that attracted you to read it and you have great memories of NY & NJ. May be I walked into the meeting with no expectations and when I got an unexpected blessings from the Divine Mother besides a great meeting, my happiness doubled.

Every experience is very unique and happens for a reason and I am so glad to know about your experience. All of us are in pursuit of happiness and anything that helps achieve that, we need to pursue including adjustment or change to ourselves. I wish you very best in your life.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  4. Viswamitra

@ranju5,

Very well said. We see the Macrocosm through the prism of the Microcosm. The Holy Mother is Matha Amritananda Mayi, known as hugging saint. Many cries when they experience her unconditional divine love.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:( :( I guess I failed to think beyond the box, Sir. However I feel I was on track :) with your article. Maybe the way I expressed it was little out of sort :)

The more you explain, the wider is my thinking on the article. Nice reading and good learning.

Thank you for taking time to give more inputs and valuable thoughts. Cheers!!

Good Night.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

@Adharv,

No, your response was right on target. It is always my pleasure to interact with ILites.

7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra Sir I love reading your posts as they are full of your experience knowledge and positive energy. I heard somewhere that rajayoga meditation is used for permanent healing of our mind and to take its full control. Can you please explain more about it as how can we perform this meditation. I am asking directly to you as I feel that you must have knowledge about this too. Please guide us about this in a different thread. It's a kind request.

Anyone else if know about this then please share your thoughts. Thanks and regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

@messedup,

I am not an expert in rajayoga meditation that could be used for permanent healing of mind. Mind is mystery with cauldron of thoughts. But I know calmer mind are healthier and makes informed decisions. Like healthier body, healthier mind is a prerequisite for an enjoyable and happy life. Two things I read that gave me immense idea about how to go about meditation.

1) One is Kriya Yoga taught originally by Avatar Baba and later taught to his disciples by Lahiri Mahasaya after Avatar Baba taught Kriya Yoga to this divine soul. One of the disciples of Lahiri Mahasaya is Yukteswar Giri and his disciple Paramahamsa Yogananda had written very well about this and conducts Kriya Yoga lessons in many centers even today. There are ways to prepare ourselves for these lessons by reading books from the Self-Realization Institute.

2) I also read "Art of Living" Vipasanna Meditation taught by S.N. Goenka that enlightened me some important techniques in meditation.

In order to learn meditation, we need to learn more about our own mind. I have personally written so many snippets in IL about the mind.

Viswa

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Adharv and messedup like this.
  9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply sir.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

A very interesting narrative. Yes, it takes all types to make the world. I have had good experiences and bad ones with friendly as well as unfriendly cab drivers. Recently I narrated one with a smiley, chatty, friendly driver in Berlin who charged us almost double the normal fare (by meter!!!). Another drove me up and down two times to the airport at 3 am in the morning, when I went to see off BH on his way back. He forgot his mobile in the hotel and I had to rush back to the room, get the mobile and catch him again at the airport to hand it over to him. No cribbing by the driver. He asked whether I found it and conveyed his good wishes for a pleasant journey to the BH.

How does it feel when total strangers smile and chat with one? Well, it depends on where I am. I'd find it the norm in the US, sometimes in Europe ..... but in India? Well, let me be honest and say I would be wary. I'd go by my gut instincts. I'd try not to send off a man smiling at me to jail!!! :-D At worst, I'd try to ignore him if I suspected his intentions.

Viswamitra likes this.