1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Convincing Dh For A Second Child

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chasingdreams, Jul 11, 2018.

1. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

@Sunshine04 thanks for being my champion. we did try couple of maids. But they would just not show up days together with out any genuine reason . I found myself paying for a maid but doing all the work myself most of the time. In the end, had to discontinue their services. My DH travels about 25% in a month. So that complicates the situation.And I do believe I am a better mom to my DD because of the choices I made (despite the associated guilt & regret)

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  2. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

>> Anyway it is not even recommended at this age , can pose developmental risks for the child . So better let it go .

This is not true. Many many women are giving birth to healthy babies in their late 30s. Yes, the probability of genetic disorders increases slightly - but not considerably. However it is important that you are healthy now and maintain excellent lifestyle - in terms of diet, exercise and mental well-being.

chasingdreams likes this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

A kid should be brought to this world with both parents blessing and love. There shouldn't be any resentment, hesitation or even a second thought.

I tend to agree with your DH and at 50, you both should feel relaxed, shouldn't feel overwhelmed with responsibilities.

Just my 2 cents.

4. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

Agree with you. If my DH is sure that he doesn't want to take on the responsibility, I am not going to push this issue. How ever , I come from a family of overachieving women who established successful careers and have had kids in their early to late 30's. So I have few cousins who are dealing with it. hence this might not be very strange or difficult. But at the end of the day, it is up to my DH.I am only looking to see if I can convince him by just being reasonable (don't want to be pushy)

ps:even yesterday my dh remarked that it is sad that our DD will not have any one to count on if we were no more.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Hi op, there's nothing wrong in having baby in late 30s as long as you are physically fit and medically no issues.
    As for the husband, dont talk about past events. Agree with him it was a mistake and you wish to recitify. Tell him to think for the kids sake to have a sibling is a blessing.
    Be patient with dh and keep trying to convince him of the benefits but dontd force him.
    Goodluck.