1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Your Input

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Happysoul15, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Happysoul15

Happysoul15 New IL'ite

The husband has worked hard in life and his expectations were to marry a clean (virgin) ( his words not mine per her) girl so since she didn't tell him he is heart broken. The girl is not good looking so he is saying he married her thinking that she is good otherwise.He didn't ask before marriage but asked her the first week of marriage and at that time she didn't tell him and said no. That is his one point that he worked hard in life and got garbage, leftover, dirty wife again ( his words) their relationship before he found out was ok not too bad or good. He is even saying that the kids will dislike the mom once they find out how bad she has been. She is hoping that kids will understand once they grow up.

She is thinking that if she decides to live with him she will have to hear all the abuse for the rest of her life.

The husband is willing to help where ever needed to raise the kids. So if she decides to move out she can live peacefully and also kids will live in a peaceful home.

What do you think she should do?

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

If he is not going for counseling or change, divorce is better.
    He has to pay child support .
    Hope he has some decency to not tell about her past to kids

sindmani likes this.
  3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

If she would have told him the first week, could he have forgiven her? Hell no!

See, this is the reason why she didnt tell before. Why cant a man understand how another man took advantage?

And where is that bastard who raped her? I am sure.. living peacefully and happily!

At 35, i dont have guts to tell my husband if any one harasses me or brushes my breasts in a bus. At the end its the fault of female for wearing that kind of dress, or those cues or not blasting the bastard! Husbands just sit back and point fingers for the inability of the female to reject/oppose the rapist. They will not take action to confront the rapist either... so, whats the difference then?

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

This is the problem with Indian men. If they have EMA, wives most of the time forgives them and gives second chances. But if wives do the same, no husband can bear it nor forgive wife.

In her case, she was sexually abused without her fault that too before marriage.
    If the husband is speaking so vulgarly to his own wife for no fault of hers except for hiding it...then better to separate and be good parents in bringingup their children dignified way than to stay together n let children see their father using vulgar words n doubting their mother's character.

GeetaKashyap, shravs3 and sindmani like this.
  5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op it looks like fate has chosen a very hard path for your friend and she has to gather every bit of courage she can to walk on this path. I believe if her husband is ready to provide child support she should seprate from this person. At this point she should only work on deap healing for herself at all levels physical, mental and emotional. Once she has healed to some extent only thn she will be to deal with the situations which come up. once she is healed she will have all the courage to face the world. She should not worry about what world will say. People and situations only scare us when they know we will run away or hide our face. I know all this is easier said the done. She should try to contact some NGOs which can help her or guide her and provide her some counselling and therapy. Her children will be proud of their mother once she faces all this with a courage but if she is always hiding her face they will grow up with low self esteem. Even though it's been many years now but that relative should not be spared. I believe we really have to show courage when it's very hard to be brave.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

All my prayers with your friend. Poor girl .
    Please make her understand that she is not at all guilty. Just imagine a 13 year old girl, without a mother -Whom will she talk to about this?
    Her husband needs immediate counselling to make him aware that his wife is not at fault. he has to be made aware of the future of his daughters as well. Just imagine the state of mind of the Kids when they know about all this.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Just ask him to SHUT UP. Clean wife, Dirty wife.. what kind of language and thinking it is? I am just not able to stand these words. Ask her to first go to counselling and gain some confidence. He is under guilt and blaming herself for the whole thing. Why is she wanting to leave the home silently? For kids? Will be stay unmarried to raise kids if she leaves? If not, what is the guarantee that step mother will treat them well? While it turned out like a marital issue and she and her husband are fighting, that bastard is living his life out there. What kind of justice is it?

8. Happysoul15

Happysoul15 New IL'ite

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will inform her about everything. She is very tired of her husband's behavior and want to divorce so the kids don't grow up hearing all the nonsense their dad says. The husband is not ready to go to any therapy either. So for her piece of mind and the kids she told him to move out. Also now he is saying that he will only tell his parents and not anyone else. Let hope for the best and see what happens. My friend is trying to stay strong.

9. Happysoul15

Happysoul15 New IL'ite

Update:
    So my friend told her husband to separate and they will raise the kids. They want the divorce process to be easy and simple so the kids don't get affected.
    He agreed but he told her yesterday that his parents are coming to stay with them for few months which will delay the separation process. He said he will file the papers once they leave.

Now she is worried if the verbal torture will continue while the parents are staying with them. Also if he tells the parents in front of her how should she handle that situation? Should she try to defend herself or leave it and let them say or think whatever they want? As if now the husband doesn't believe anything she says and telling her it's all her fault. Please let me know what you ladies think?

Thanks

10. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

Can't she move out before the parents arrive? I don't see the point of prolonging the separation process just because his parents are coming to stay. They can still separate and file for divorce later, I don't think your friend should complicate her life further by staying with her husband longer than she needs to.

BhumiBabe likes this.