1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Digestive Enzymes

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by GeetaKashyap, Jul 16, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am trying to seek some suggestions for a friend (in India). She is a vegetarian and doesn't have constipation. She has extreme acidity, gas, bloating and belching. She has visited many doctors but she has not got permanent relief. Any suggestions? Also, she was toying with the idea of trying out Digestive enzymes. Do they help? Do you have any specific brand suggestion.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I have tried papaya digestive enzymes for my daughter long time back( may be 10 years back). She had reflux and it was recommend by naturopath. It helped to some extent.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Thanks, mangaii, I will share this info with her.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Look like she has some issue with digestion . Is she facing it everyday or with specific food only. One of my friend faced very tough situation and finally noticed diary as the problem. She never had any lactose intolerance before. Can she stop taking any diary products ( no milk, yogurt,cheese, butter, ghee etc) and see if it helps. Also note down the food she eats. Some times even tomato can create acidity. Watching diet may help. If nothing works see a doctor to sort out other causes.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

Thanks, @DDream, for this good suggestion. I will ask her to keep a food journal and observe.

6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

The place where I belong, ajwain water(water boloed with ajwain) is given post delivery to prevent gas and bloating in both mother and baby. Ask her to give it a try. The result will be shown in just couple of days.also keeping a food journal is a mist for her.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Ajwain water is giving temporary relief only. I will ask her to maintain a food journal. Thanks for your suggestion.

fourthaugust likes this.