1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Bergen County

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by anuramm, Nov 29, 2015.

1. anuramm

anuramm New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I have spent a ton of time looking over the internet about Bergen County and am hoping ladies from there will help me out with this post.

My husband is thinking of taking up a job in Tarry Town and we are looking at Bergen County towns to possibly move. In order to keep commute short and have good elementary schools with decent indian presence, we have short-listed the towns to Tenafly, Closter, Cresskill, north Paramus and Hillsdale. Does anyone have kids going to elementary schools in these areas and can share what their experience has been. How strong is the indian presence. My son is in second grade and I would love for him to have atleast a few more indian classmates in his class. Is that an impossible goal.

If you think of any other town that better fits our criteria, I would love to hear it. I sincerely request ladies from this area to chime in.

Thanks

2. Priya0001

Priya0001 New IL'ite

Hi anuramm,

This is Priya and I am planning to move to north jersey. looking for areas with indian presence and good school.My husband work location is Englewood cliffs. Bergen county is also in our list.Kindly let me know your experience in that location.

Thanks in advance.
    Priya