Kerala trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by dpdl, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dpdl

dpdl New IL'ite

hi.
    i am new member of this IL. please helpme to plan a trip to kerala.
    am very confused. we are planning to go in october for 3-4 days.
    Munnar-allepy-kumarakkom-thekkady-poovar island.
    Our main intesests are staying in houseboat, waterfalls, greenary and good climate.
    My question is what are places in allepy and kumarakkom and thekkady and pooavr island. i know we cant cover all the places in 3-4 days. Is allepy and kumarakkom both are for house boats only??? can we skip any one???
    please suggest

2. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

hi,
    you have choosed a correct loaction,during jan i went to kerala and we had a nice trip we went munar,tekkady and allepy.
    munnar we stayed one night and 2 days,its beautiful place with tea estate and everywhere greenary and tea plantation ..felt am doing a movie.

thekkady is a best place for ayurvedic massage ..there is beautiful lake you can take boat ride which goes inside the forest..the lake is surround by wild animals ..that is so beautiful to admire nature with animals.

allepy ..we had a good experience of staying in boat house,looks likje 2bhk..we spend a good time in travelling mid of the river..and they halt in the middle of the river..outstanding experience it was.

i wish you visit this above place and dont miss anything ...we covered all this places in 4days and 5 nights.

enjoy your trip.
    -deepa.

3. dpdl

dpdl New IL'ite

Hi thanks for the info. Can you please tel me how you went there by any package?? and please give me hotel information

4. chitii

chitii Bronze IL'ite

Hi dpdl,

We went Kerala in 2010 and enjoyed the trip. We have planned for 4 nights/5 days in kerala and covered Cochin city tour, munnar, alleppy, thekkady, houseboat. we have taken package rs 32k from kerala tourism. They have allotted very nice hotels with complimentary bf (tamarind hotel). In house boat also we will have 1 day free food. guide is also very cooperative and experienced. our guide shown so many places which are not mentioned in the package. We have noted some places near by from google before going to the trip and with help of guide we have covered those places with in time.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. dpdl

dpdl New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the info.

6. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Guess 3-4 days would be too short. Visiting many places in short span result in spending more time in travel and less time in site seeing and relaxing. I would suggest you cut short to 1 or 2, or at max 3 places and enjoy the places well..

Cheers,
    Soumya

7. neena23

neena23 New IL'ite

Kerala, the alluring land houses a number of hill stations with serene climate, backwater destinations,waterfalls,beaches and lots of such attractions which makes the state one of the best tourist spots that offers the travellers with enjoyable holidays.Kerala,the land home to lots of scenic destinations like Munnar,Alleppey,Kumarakom,Wayanad and so on. Exclusive Kerala tour packages offer the way to explore these dreamy destinations within a limited budget.If you are interested in house boat journey and watching scenic nature,then your selected locations offer all these attractions. Munnar ,one of the popular hill station located in Idukki district.The nature beauty and stunning locations nestled in the land which widely attract the attention of tourist from all over the world.Apart from the scenic sites ,as a popular hill stations,the place offer various trekking activities for adventure lovers. Backwaters are one of the top tourist attraction in Kerala. Alleppey and Kumarakom are the popular backwater destinations in Kerala.House boat cruise along the serene backwaters is the best way to enjoy the beauty of scenic environment. Poovar Island is one of the attractive destination in Trivandrum .On this place we get a view of backwaters that attach the beach at a point and experience the boat rides which available in the destination.It will sure that all these attractive destinations which offer you the most memorable holidays .

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

@neena23 , Very good information on Kerala tourism. I am thinking of taking my family in December - will it be very cold? My mom and daughter have wheezing problem so I wonder if it's recommended? And are the mid days warm enough to play in water.??