1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling Husband, Little Kids

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SRK123, Jul 1, 2018.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My hubby started travelling every week for his work from sunday evening to thursday night. So when he travels, i am able to manage things like kids dropping picking from school and hobby classes, getting groceries, doctor visits, etc. But i constantly worry about any possible emergencies in the midnight (we had few nights where my 4 year suddenly gets some problem but never had to visit ER so far) and how im gonna handle them. So my worry is that , if he is sick and its bad then i have to keep him in the carseat alone and have to drive him to the ER (while he cries in the backseat)or I have to take a uber in the midnight and go there(here im worried about how safe it is?)
    Any ideas for me?

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Apart from uber n driving with the kid, which is still not safe as you maybe highly distracted to self drive with a sick crying child, few other options I can think of are..

Get your local hospital's ambulance number or emergency help number or 911 if in us, who can come at anytime.

Possible to have a friend / relative as an emergency contact, someone who lives close by ?

Hire a driver to drive, there are companies for it, check in your locality for 24/7 services.

Or get contact of any of your local taxi guys whom you can call personally, my mil has a guy at her neighborhood for such emergencies.

Or if your kid has specific health issues, you can learn about the specific first aid n even buy basic required equipments to last the night. Have seen it in some houses where someone gets sick often. N leave to the hospital early morning via a taxi, which maybe safer than mid night.

I hope n pray it doesn't come to that. But being ready mentally will reduce your stress level during challenging times.

BhumiBabe, SRK123 and sindmani like this.
  3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I have been staying with my kid for more then 3 months ,yes it is hard to be alone manage all ..
    If he is about to get sick take him to doc before it worsens ..yes o know emergency happens call 911..
    Have someone who can come anytime ,if none .don’t share the info that u are alone or else u will worry more...

When ever my husband would go for days ,,I would do the best of it like take my son to restuarants ,movies ,arcade ,pools,malls..all fun stuff as it was just me and him ..do much fun ..sit and watch movies late nights .. anyways me and him sleep together at same time so u can do that ..

sindmani likes this.
  4. rajrockz

rajrockz New IL'ite

Rather than a uber get a good friend who help u all the time... the only remedy for this, it could be male or female its upto u.. having good frnd is always mandatory for handling situations like these

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

ER is only needs for extreme emergencies. they make you stay for a long time (3 -4 hrs ) if not critical. not sure which part of usa you are living in. but there are lot of urgent care in NJ.

6. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi ashneys,
    thanks for all those ideas. it definitely felt better reading them.
    Hi sangeetha,
    nice to read how you enjoy with your son. good ideas.

Thanks everyone for your responses..
    I do have friends but not very close ones. They might help me if i need, but cant blindly take them for granted.
    looks like calling 911 is the only fall back option.. is it ok to call 911 if you feel that its an emergency but it turns out that its not?