1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Asking For A Friend - Advice

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jun 23, 2018.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

In similar situations my daughters took a back seat. One reduced her hours at her clinic and devote more time at home. Other after 10 years in corporate well paying job, decided to pursue her hobby that needed just 4 hours a day four days a week. First one in USA and other in India.
    One thing is certain. It is good to keep oneself engaged and relevant. These days there are jobs that can be handled sitting at home.

star90new likes this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Let your friend take decision for herself. All you can do is to help her understand the plus and minus about both options.

Having a job or career is not about money all the time. If she can enjoy as Sahm its fine. If not, it will create frustrations in future. Once her kid go to school, can she simply stay, and enjoy her life. In foreign countries, one can be very lonely. Can she enjoy cooking cleaning, baby sitting etc all the time . She has to find it herself .

For many getting out of home every day is a stress reliever. For many women, it is also important to have a life of our own , I mean our own identity in society instead of being one's wife or mother. Again It's one choice. May be she can try part time job or some other activity to be busy. It's all about ones on preference and happiness. So she need to identify what makes her happy and do that instead of yielding to others opinions.

In foreign countries, job security is not that strong. Good insurance etc is needed. If those uncertainties are there it is better to have a job and have financial independence. Depending on husband for everything may become uncomfortable if husband dont give much financial freedom, questions her expenses and she needs permission for every thing. If her husband is very understanding, supportive, take of her very well and respect her contributions to the family etc and if she enjoy staying home all the time only then she can be happy as sahm. Otherwise it will be suffocating [ I know many cases like that].

It's her life . She only knows it very well.Hope she take the right decision for herself and not for others. Good luck

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    shravs3, star90new and sindmani like this.
  3. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thats true..

4. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Yes I think so , shes worried if it will stop one day.

5. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

I spoke with her today. She said she is going to work for 3 more years and stop. I showed here these posts. Thank you

Lalithambigai likes this.
  6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I totally agree with this statement. i hope you are not joking. 9 lak per month. still a lot of population in india is not close to 9 lak in a year and still they are contented.

wow. if my H gets a career like that, i will settle down. though not as a house wife but will pursue things i always wanted to .

sindmani likes this.
  7. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I dont know why you feel its for myself. No they are not staying in India. I coudnt advice her on my own as I know of many couples who get above 7lakhs per month each. That would be a big amount , compared that this is very less.

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

First your friend does not realize how lucky she is. Amazing. I wish i had someone who thinks about my welfare so much. other than my H .

let me quote your first thread.

Her husband works for a very good company and earns Rs 9 lakhs per month (including housing allowance and others). She is working in a company with Rs 50 K salary.

if you do the numbers, in USA, it is close to 13000 $ per month. that money is more than 50% of american household per month income.

Wife is 50K Rs. It is around $4 per hour. This one is hilarious :) . Either she lied the numbers or she is working illegal. way below state per hour income.

i apologize i will not continue this thread anymore, because i do not want to offend you .

star90new likes this.
  9. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

They could be living in one of the gulf countries where salaries in certain sectors are very high though job would be extremely high pressure. There are no minimum wage requirements in those countries for expats. She could be a primary school teacher.

star90new and sindmani like this.
  10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I am totally ok with your view . It is right . But you have to see the context. A person earning in the upper most bracket of salary and asking if it is enough is ridiculous. It is just my view. Did not want to offend anyone