1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Happening With My Life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravs3, Jun 22, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Recently my parents did some puja so they had invited even my MIL . She attended . There one lady ie my mom’s friend who had never spoken to my MIL , went and spoke to her and started asking her if she keeps pressurising me and her son (my DH) for having kids. My MIL said nothing like that and they are not pressuring them .The thing is her daughter is of my age even she got married recently and even she is in US. It seems her MIL keeps pestering about her having kids.

I don’t understand why this lady should go and speak to my MIL whom she hadn’t even interacted before. She said my daughter went after your DIL went and she already got a job dint your DIL get ??
    And moreover why she asked my MIL if I got a job ?

But in reality she went to US before me and got EAD before me and recently got a job.

Moreover this lady does lot of show off always!!!

Now coming to the problem , my MIL keeps asking me about my job from the moment I left India. Sometimes I feel annoyed since the same question is being asked in every call. But I keep my cool.
    Today she herself told that even your friend got a job she went to US after you ..
    I got really annoyed as she meant I still dint get a job from such long time . But reality is tat lady’s daughter came to US before me and got EAD before me!

It’s like adding ghee to the fire. Already MIL was pestering me and DH regarding my job . So even my DH started telling that I wasted my time and I am not serious enough in my job search . But my problem is I had worked on outdated technologies in India , but here they are asking for new stuff. So I need to do training for the same . For training I need money. My DH agreed to sponsor .

Today my DH came home for lunch.
    When I was about to serve the food for second time he said he will serve himself later.
    So I came to my room and was seeing something related to some job as I was already in a bad mood after my MIL’ call and was under pressure .

So my DH started shouting at me like HELL ! He was like what the hell you I was doing ? Can’t serve the food so irresponsible woman blah blah !!

To which I replied that he had only told me that he will serve himself.
    He was like what are you studying now!

So I told already I am losing lot of focus and have got too much pressure,
    so learning something . For that he replied 15 min will not make a difference if I serve food to him .

But I was like once the training starts I need to put lot of efforts so I’m trying to get used to it now . He was like who is pressurising me. I said his mom keeps asking me about the job always and meant even my friend got a job but indirectly meant I still dint get the job!
    Hearing that he started shouting at me very badly telling what is wrong if his mom asks me about the job always ? Won’t your parents ask the same!
    And he said he will not give any money for the training since I blamed his mom for the pressure which is very true !!

I’m going mad like anything :sob::coldsweat:. One end his mom pestering me to get a job, other end I have no money to attend trainings and get updated myself !

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

If u need the job ..he pressuring u a lot just get any job then just to shut them off and slowly earn and pay yourself to the training..
    If not just tell your mil to ask his son to pay the money for training so u can get the job..

3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Until morning he was ready but after today’s incident since I dint serve him food for second time he said he is not going to pay

4. Mishkaa

Mishkaa Senior IL'ite

Study on your own. Lot of online resources and websites. Check udemy.com

sbonigala likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks but the one I want in Udemy is not free and I need to pay!

6. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

I totally can understand your frustration. If anyone pressurizes us, we usually tend to block our mind and everything that follows is failure or frustration. I have listed few things that you can try

1. First place, you need to be focused on your own terms in looking for a job. Finding a job in a foreign country and that too when you don't have skill sets they are looking for can be tedious. So, one should have peace of mind while doing so. I would suggest you to go to nearby library on week days and start browsing and allocate time to learn(in peaceful manner). You might find books available in library that can help you. Once you are serious enough your husband will start understanding that you need plenty of time in preparation. So he might stop bothering you on serving him food or similar stuff. So fights can be reduced and also he will volunteer to sponsor for whatever training's. Also, training on website is something you could afford yourself with the savings you might have had from previous work.
    2. Tell your MIL that you are in preparation of job search and that you yourself will communicate to her once you know anything about any offer.
    3. Don't blame about your mil to your husband for such reasons. No matter what it will trigger him and will make them him go against you.
    4. If you have worked in India then for sure you have experience and some exposure that will help you to land in a job with little efforts. Talk to people in same locality as to how they found job. When i was looking for job, i even applied jobs that was posted in Craiglist and got interview calls from there. So don't miss even a single opportunity that can help you find job.
    5. Most of all don't let others to dictate your life. It shouldn't be the case where everyone around are pushing you to go for work. If you are interested to go for job then stay focused and then get ready for it. In any case, having a job and being independent will help you in all aspects.

GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your valuable feedback @Jamelia02. I am not able to concentrate if such things happen.My mind keeps thinking about those things again and again even if I don’t want to , due to which I’m losing focus!

8. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Totally see your point. But don't you want to prove yourself. When someone is urging you and thinks that may be you are incapable of finding a job, don't you have to rise and show that you are talented enough. May be this is a push but as i mentioned once you do it on your own terms you will be see happiness. Or else talk to your husband when he is in a calm mood, tell him that if anyone urges you, it doesn't help. Ask him to support you by just being there for you and giving you some time to know the job market and to find a job. Ask him to forward your resume in his workplace and see if that helps. You have to do something about it now or it will be too late.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hi all!
    My DH is back from home and was in calmer mood. I dint talk anything regarding the training , but He himself started the training topic and agreed to pay.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    GeetaKashyap, sindmani and messedup like this.
  10. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

'bite the bullet ' and move one with your education, learning and career.

Wish you the best.