1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Be Worried About My (almost) 3 Year Old?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Rakhii, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Its quite concerning thinking about your kid as I have a boy of approximately same age. I don't have any suggestions but I just hope it is just a passing phase.

Rakhii likes this.
  2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I think ur kid is a toddler. Nothing to worry , please talk about this to your paediatric doctor. I think that will be fine. Children do imagine things. It will vanish once they grow up.

Rakhii likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

It's quite concerned when he says you're not his mom./ His home... Otherwise it's fine.
    If you are spiritual, do tell him god made you as his mommy and this is home.
    Keep telling him daily.
    Don't worry much.
    Do ask in day care because if some kids have imaginary person's your boy could have developed one.

Rakhii and sindmani like this.
  4. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

I can understand your concern and it's hard to know whether this is something to be more worried about or if it's something relatively harmless an imaginative toddler has come up with. Just exploring another possibility, could he have picked it up from daycare.. like from his peers who have maybe told stories to him or something like that? Maybe try playing along with him to dig deeper into this .. like asking him to describe his home or his 'mummy'.. just gentle probing

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@Rakhii ,
    Dear Rakhi,

I would go with what @eternalnomad is trying to say. If your son were a little older I would have been more confident in telling perhaps he is hearing some other child speak of these things and is wondering. But I would not rule out the possibility nevertheless. Perhaps another child (could be even older and perhaps maybe due to his/her family circumstances...) might be speaking something like this and your son might be repeating/wondering about it even by just over hearing.

Don't panic, if you feel a need talk with your pediatrician perhaps on how to react/respond when he speaks like that. He is a toddler and he will come out of it. Hugs to you.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi rakhii I understand this would be stressful for you. Just ask your son the answers for his questions, that way you will know further details.. even in my house eleders tie some thread in kids hands if they behave in a strange way all of a sudden saying it may be out of fear. How is his communication with his sibling and dad? Is there a possibility if he has picked it up from school or daycare or any t.v shows he watched? How does he address you after these changes? Let prayers go on one side, pls go and visit a Dr, just to put your mind at ease if not for anything else.. don't worry dear this will.be nothing of great concern. All my prayers with you. Hugs and love.

Rakhii likes this.
  7. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@dear rakhi ... pls dont rely on any superstitious rituals. they r all irrational crap.... there can only be 2 reasons
    1- made up story (MOST LIKELY)

2- bipolar disease (UNLIKELY) ..

if the behaviour continues then pls consult a doctor

8. Anabalas

Anabalas Senior IL'ite

PLEASE MOM! Take him to a doctor right NOW.

9. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

He needs to be examined thoroughly clinically by a pediatrician having special experience in Child Psychology. CT Scan is a radiation involving investigation ; it is unwarranted at this point

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:He must be a born humorist. Nothing need to be done. Just watch him grow and enjoy his innocuous humour.
    Best wishes to your toddler.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Hsharma2018, shravs3 and sindmani like this.