1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Horsing Around The Sense

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 18, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My first option was to conduct a primary for each party so that they can choose a particular person whose commitment to do something to the public is better than the other within the same party.

Viswa

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha ideology? That is just a smokeascreen fr loot9ing and corruption.. The people should show some pragmatism while voting. Instead of parties , they should examine the actual candidate and what he can do to their constituency or if he /she s an incumbent what that person has done to the constituency,

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Have primaries really worked in US presidential elections? If primariues are to be a process of filtering out Trump wouldn't have been in the white House. So how dos it help in selecting the right guy?How is it possible for thousands of assewmbly seats and over 500 parliamentary seats Viswa?

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You and I know very well how Trump got selected in the primary. That is under investigation. However, the policies of the parties and the individual's credentials should be discussed first so that most criminals will be eliminated up front by the people in the current social media driven world. Only thing one needs to be careful is not to fall for false propaganda and foreign interference in the election.

Viswa

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

To some extent it is ok to look at individuals but ours is parliamentary democracy, so ultimately individual will follow party agenda. That is why independents virtually become invisible after being elected ,they just align with some party.

And corruption I don't feel is limited to politicians , it is the people who enable it, it is embedded in most of us .very few people conscously take a non corrupt route when they find a short cut. If people change politicians will change .

Simple example, there are lot more people who pay extra to get driving licence through a broker than going personally to rto and get it . If we try to engage directly, we will find pleasant experiences . I had good experience in both income tax and rto when I took effort to engage directly.