1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pathetic State Of My State And Its People!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rajeni, May 23, 2018.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

It hurts more if it halpens in our home, we need to fight before it reaches our homes, it will be too late if we realize only when it reaches our homes .

Agree that may are party for past 30 years but opposition not responsible for killing at point blank range , the blame has to squarely lie on govt that is responsible for the killings

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni i had a doubt whether i am an Indian citizen or a refugee from other country.Govt.keeping silence about the shooting shows it's inefficiency and a slave to Central.Politician and Officials thirst for money caused the death of thirteen innocent lives.As we lack a good leader in Tamilnadu all are playing with the feelings of people and one day those who do atrocities are going to get a strong blow from people.They disconnected the internet service in three southern districts for three days.we suffered a lot for bank communications,business transactions and messages from relatives.i myself suffered a lot and felt like a prisoner .Rajeni well written ma

Rajeni and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@armummy Then central govt.is responsible for this killings

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

A video coverage was telecasted by TV channels showing a single man lying on the top of the police van with a machine gun in hand and aiming people.This coward man hid his face with black cloth and shot the people.Police don't have machine gun and then arise a question who is that Demon?Govt has no answer for this question.

Rajeni and Tamrakshar like this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

??? NDA came to power only in 2014. While the sterilite issue began in nineties.

Please ref:

[https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-truth-about-the-sterlite-issue-in-Tamil-Nadu
    Note: It is not mere a coincidence that the DMK took part in the protest on the 100th day. (Do we smell the rat here?)
    Members of Parliament from Tuticorin
    15th 2009-2014 S. R. Jeyadurai Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam ( What was he doing during his tenure?)
    16th 2014-present Jayasingh Thiyagaraj Natterjee All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.(Next year, the Lok Sabha elections are coming up!!!!)( On All India basis, opposition is uniting to defeat NDA!)

Law enforcement in India - Wikipedia
    Note: In general, Indian police constables do not carry firearms when on regular duty, though they are always available at police stations. ... Some special units in the state and federal level police forces also haveadditional automatic weapons such as AK-47, AKM, INSAS assault rifles (incl. machine guns) and Bren guns.
    Police in India - Wikipedia

@periamma, on a deep rooted issue of this size why are we making random guessing and trying to randomly fix the blame? All our politicians and policy makers are equally at fault; one maybe a little more guilty than the other. The Sterilite came up during the corrupt governance under the leadership of Jayalalitha around 20 years ago. For so long the politicians of TN have fooled people and made their fortunes. With the elections around the corner, heat has just picked up. Soon after the elections, life returns to normalcy. Everybody will forget the attrocities on the poor and they will return to crawl at the feet of all the Ammas and Appas; the deities of theTamil politics!

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Rajeni, jskls and periamma like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap I accept your views. But today ADMK is not ruling Tamilnadu. They are puppets in the hands of the master to safeguard their wealth.Tamilnadu has lost its charisma under the rule of regional parties. Whoever come to power want to earn for many generations and give some to the people in the name of free gifts. These people are happy to receive Ilavasam .Really it gives pain thinking of the innocent people

Rajeni, GeetaKashyap and Tamrakshar like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@periamma, you are so right. That's the reason I felt fixing the blame is very difficult. In fact, I feel that by maintaining a very regional identity and agenda, the Tamil politicians have isolated Tamils and focussed on amassing wealth. Now they have aligned with BJP to save their I'll gotten wealth. Neither then nor now, anybody thought of TN and it's real issues. Death and sickness of poor commoners means nothing to them. It is a sad situation.

Rajeni and jskls like this.
  8. Maayon

Maayon Bronze IL'ite

Hi to all! I am new to IL.

As I live away from Tamilnadu, I am not able to comment on recent developments in Tuticorin. I express my deepest condolences for the loss of lives.

I list here few things that came to my mind.
    • Sterlite copper is polluting the environment from day one. All parties that ruled TN were behind the successful operation of Sterlite. Hence no hands are clean.
    • Sterlite CEO P Ramnath mentioned - additional import burden of 2 Billion USD need to be faced by India. Loss of 30,000 direct and indirect jobs. It is normal for corporate to quantify the facts that will support them. Certain things in life cannot be measured such as - loss of environment, suffering faced by people of that area due to sickness, loss of life due to asthma, cancer & other diseases.
    • Employees of the factory decided to sacrifice their life for monthly income. Corporate sacrificed the lives of people for profit, Government employees (citizens too) sacrificed ethics for kickbacks and supreme court sacrificed the town and its people to avoid turbulence in the steady flow of copper from this factory. (approx. 40% of India's need). Human life is getting cheaper for corporate, Government, Judiciary and normal citizens. At least as a citizen, one needs to think about the value of their life and its importance to the society and family ( society then family in order)
    • Media - One big laugh - they create news on the various platform to make money. True journalism is in ICU throughout the world for a long time. Sterlite plant started commercial operation in 1996 and media started to react only now for their profit & rating. Why didn't they take up this issue for past 22 years?
    I watched a tamizh movie named "thani oruvan" a few years ago. I learned a lesson from that which I would like to share here and try to analyze the incident based on that. Please note - my views are debatable.

Lesson - Small/petty emotional incidents/crimes that happen in society or articulated in social media via various platforms such as front page flash news in dailies and news channels, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc need to be carefully analyzed for larger coordinated crimes.

Analysis as a common man
    • Each political party in the state has one or many media platform to express their views which seldom caries truth. Hence, news that gets published on various platforms needs to be cross-checked.
    • How the 100-day peaceful protest turned out to be violent? Who did the violence? Normal citizens peacefully protested for months won't turn violent abruptly on the 100th day. They are not in cricket field scoring a century to celebrate. Rowdies or Gundas might have been hired by some group to create violence.
    • Before I talk about Police and law & order department one need to note that this department in any Indian state is highly understaffed. They are dealing with tremendous stress compared to white /blue collar job that common man perform. It is not possible by few hundred policemen to handle a mass of 4000+ people with lathi alone. Police are in better position to identify the gundas than the common man and media people. Maybe they took this as a chance to eliminate them who in normal escape the judiciary through various loopholes in the law.
    • Who is the beneficiary of such violence need to be investigated? Of course not Sterlite copper. Maybe other local industrialists, opposition or ruling party (both together influenced TNPCB {Tamilnadu Pollution control board } to keep the plant running for 22 years), any competitor outside India who want to destabilize Sterlite copper to gain market share.

I just remember 2 tamizh phrases to quote

Thirukural says (குறள் 423: அறிவுடமைஅதிகாரம்)
    எப்பொருள் யார்யார்வாய்க் கேட்பினும் அப்பொருள்
    மெய்ப்பொருள் காண்ப தறிவு.
    Translation - To discern the truth in everything, by whomsoever spoken, is wisdom.

கண்ணால் பார்ப்பதும் பொய் காதால் கேட்ப்பதும் பொய் , தீரே விசாரிப்பதே மெய்.
    Translation - Eyes and ears deceive; in-depth analysis reveals the truth.

My analysis does not end here, it continues as events will turn out. :wink1:

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Police atrocities are not new and TN is not the only example. Police works as domestic servant for the Government of the day. This plant is coming up with the help of the Central and State Government and that is the reason the PM is silent. The industrialist has put in lot of money and would like to see the plant to cup up and would do everything to buy favors.
    Rajeni need not despair. Even if she was at Tuticorin, she would have been watching the whole episode on TV and lamenting as we all do in our drawing rooms. The real change will come by action and not my feeling sad and helpless.

Thyagarajan and periamma like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I am with you madam sister. Blood curdling indeed - shooting in the mouth if had happened as appeared in media. Could there be more to this other than police atrocity. COUld there be personal scoring against the young lady by young policeman?,!
    2. Without protest and agitation no social gains and welfare matters move on positive side especially in this country. But that is democracy!
    3. High court had ordered yesterday to return the dead bodies to their kin. All leading heads of ruling and opposing parties converged at hospitals and kin’s of the dead. Super star and Hasan met the people . But none till date talked about apprehending the policeman (woman?).
    4. The Nation busy punishing the deer killer or the cow killer but who is going to punish the police and justice to those affected and suffer in silence.
    God Bless the Nation.