1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Money - Sibling

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by star90, May 22, 2018.

1. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

Have your siblings pay you back EVERYTHING. THEY WORK. Your parents just limit what you give them, don't expect anything back and don't give them large sums, that is how they become spoiled with high expectations and trust me you don't need that pressure.
    My parents are modern they don't ask me for money. I spend for holidays only, for them. My husbands family are leeches so they take 80%....terrible people.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Every individual deals with money matters differently. Think what works for you. You know your financial situation better than anyone else.

Sweety82 likes this.
  3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I might not ask if my sibling have borrowed in case real actual need like lost job, some medical emergency. Never ever we had borrowed from each other. We even give back smallest amount. We gift to each other children. Nothing more than that.

I might give up borrowed money if I am millionaire and dont have further need.

3years back, I had lend my friend some 30k during her delivery and for some photoshoot of her infant. she lost her job immediately after delivery. Not in job yet for she doing her certification. Her husband too left job to start as consultant. All in all they are just managing for basic things of life. I should not be asking them back. Will not either ask in future when she is doing good. Neither I will lend again coz I dont want to loose relationship and I am not millionaire yet.

4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

According to me, ur parents has raised u up in life with all ups and downs and has given u everything including education and comfy along with spending lakhs for getting married. So when they ask if it is not a very big amount u can let it go because ur all relationship is valued here. Probably they might not have given a thought on this of returning to u because u r their daughter. But if it comes to a point where u r used, u can politely say u r in short of money and can ask them money for u and make them aware that u don't have in abundance so that they may not ask u .

5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Very True

6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

As a general rule, live by the saying "Neither a borrower, nor a lender be".. !!! There is reason it's wise as money can cause fights even between near and dear ones.

If one is 'borrowing' money, it is meant to be repaid, be it a relative or a friend. If it wasn't intended to be repaid, then it's a 'gift', a forced one at that since you did not mean to gift. You can ask the sibling to return back. Other option is let it go and next time the sibling asks to borrow smilingly say "where is my money that you borrowed last time?"

Parents let it go..

7. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

With parents you neednt ask. But my doubt is , if your siblings are financially sound, what is the need to borrow money even if it is for lavish spending?

Anyway the least you can do to avoid issues, is to say you dont have enough funds since you have put in investments if they are asking for lavish expenses. This way you can avoid the issues of getting the money back especially when you know its not for any urgent need of theirs..

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I think you should write off the money you have to them and be careful from Next time onwards.

At the time of taking do they talk about returning it at some time ?