1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Playground Fight Between 4 Year Olds

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by NeerjaC, May 22, 2018.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, You need to keep away from PK and family. The kid PK is a bully and his mom his enabler. Her son hit SK and she wanted SK to apologize to her darling demented son. This shows what a disgruntled parenting is done in that house. 4 -5 yr olds are kids but they are not old to be taught right and wrong. Maybe they wont listen , maybe they do but parents shud teach them and also show right and wrong behavior. The kid PK will grow up to a glorified bully and a menace. The parents will be left wondering where they went wrong with such wonderful parenting.

Anytime , a parent asks another kid or another person to apologize to her kid it means warning signs all over. No sane parent will do it. If somebody did it to my son, i will tell my son to stay away from other kid and tell the other kid he overstepped. That's it . I will never tell him to apologize to my son so my son feels he gets the upper hand. Unless of course the other kid apologizes by himself. In that case, I will tell my son to make amends. If its a pattern, i will only tell my son to stay away from him.

You can call SK's parents and always tell them the scene you described . That's entirely upto you.The caretaker didn't so much as stop the encounter shows she is not reliable. If SK's parents aren't your friends , think twice. Good Luck.

sindmani and NeerjaC like this.
  2. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

Well, although she did say that she would call to set up a play date, I still haven't heard from her so I'm hoping that she has just forgotten me! But if she does get in touch then I think sufficient time has passed that I can just ignore her like everyone on here has suggested.

sindmani likes this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Don't be too hard on urself @NeerjaC . ITs not easy to react in such situations.
    I hope u can track the parents down.
    An aggressive kid in the playground... happens. But a caretaker enabling the bullies esp the mom who had no business talking to SK like that is what concerns me. That and the statement that "he hasn't been raised to apologize". Its a symptom that the caretaker does not have the best interests of the ward entrusted in her care and does not not think much of the family she is working for. This wont end here. I only hope the parents find out about her soon before its too late.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    sindmani and NeerjaC like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Is that an explanation from the child-minder, a disapproving tut-tut, or admiration? o_O I find it interesting, our little President in the making. Just curious: did this happen in India or in the US? Or perhaps between parents/kids of Indian origin in the US.

5. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

It was said with a shake of a head and a shrug, as if there wasn't anything anyone could do about it because it was the parent's fault. This took place in the US, PK is Indian and SK is white.

6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

How does one raise an unapologetic child? Smoking Daddy's Havanas? You wittle wascal, you. Battleships in the bathtub with Mummy's Louboutins? Mischievous little tyke aren't you, mmmwaah? What next? A nice little box of Haut-Chocolat for Fido? Jeez. Just how does one go about this? Teach him right from wrong, but also to offer no apologies for a breach, or say "If you do it, it's good!" and opt for a deviant deployment of Bob Ross': "Well, son, there are no mistakes, only happy accidents!"?

Take good notes. I will need periodic updates.:lol:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  7. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

How about care taker? Is she indian?

8. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

She was maybe hispanic

9. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Hearing this story makes me want to track down SK's parents and tell them about this PK, his monster mom and the lousy care taker!

10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Having said that though, I will confess that my reaction would just be very similar to you OP. I will not know what to do then, and I will kick myself about it for a very long time afterwards.
    Nevertheless, do not engage with this PK mom. She seems to be a nutcase!