1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Playground Fight Between 4 Year Olds

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by NeerjaC, May 22, 2018.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Can you find the phone number of sk parents and inform them about this incident and the carers attitude. I am really angry at the carer.
    God bless Sk.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I second this opinion. Op be a bit diplomatic while talking to the parents if u chose to talk as you are not acquainted to sk's parents yet. Be positive , don't worry.

3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Isn't it the clear bullying case? Agree PK is still young. But its the response from adults,that is surprising me.The mother of PK didn't tell anything to her own kid about punching another kid in the stomach,instead jumped into giving advice to the kid who was bullied that it was his fault so he deserved it. The Caretaker's response is really disturbing too. She doesn't deserve the job it seems.Clearly they all were taking benefit of the fact that SK was there without his parents or any of his relatives. Too bad!! If you see this is repeating in the park, if possible find the number of SK's parents and inform them.

NeetaR and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Greenbay Over reacted?? bad day?
    If one child punches another , then it is his fault. By asking SK to apologise, PK'smom has emboldened PK - he now feels justified to bully /punch anyone who doesnt toe his line. That is a failure on her part as a parent. If her kid is grows up to be a spoilt voilent bully , then she played the biggest part in it.

As a mom, she has to take responsibility for the action of her kid . It happened in her presence , she did nothing to prevent it, did nothing to console the victim , instead further victimised the victim.

Being punched in the stomach/ being told he deserved it/ having a caretaker who didnt take care- all fine and forgotten in a day? I doubt it very much.

@NeerjaC , understandably you are feeling guilty. Sometimes it happens. Wish we could have acted in a more sensible way. Easy for me to say you should have done this/ or that, but perhaps I would have done the same if I were you.

Perhaps if you see the carer the next time with SK, you can ask her for SK's mom's number under the pretext of setting a playdate. And just inform her. Sometimes parents would rather be ignorant - they dont want the hastle of changing carers. But sometimes they might be so grateful for that info. I would say take the risk for the sake of the child.
    It takes a village to raise a kid. And our children are growing by in this village too.

5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Op, if it was a 14/15 year old I would have ignored. But with 4 year olds, I would have questioned the mother about pks bad behaviour of punching some other child. Also would have asked the caretaker to check out if SK was hurt and check with pks mother abt her sons behavior.

Also would have ignored if pk had punched his own sibling in mother's presence.

6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

How many of you remember what happened when you were 4/5 year old kids?
    Some kids are dominating, aggressive and impulsive nature in their early childhood doesn’t mean they grow up to be violent bullies.

PK and SK played well previous day itself but next day, they had a fight. That doesn’t make PK a psychopath who will grow up to be a tormenting bully.Bullies don’t become bullies due to one day aggression. Those are kids who are ignored by parents or grown up in broken homes and had a tormented childhood in their formative years.

Anyway, I think against the normal thought flow here. I have seen kids who were natkhats ( very naughty) grow up to be well natured compassionate adults. Bhagwan Krishna!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

pk is not a psycho.
    his mother is not a good parent. she should have controlled her son. she went ahead and scolded sk,:mad:

sindmani likes this.
  8. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

OP,

I can see this incident disturbed you clearly. Please get SK mom's phone number from caretaker saying some party/play date and ask care taker whether SK got hurt on other day and whether she informed about this incident to his parents? And tell general note that you always prefer to stand near to your child to avoid these incidents... tell all these after getting phone number...

She will definitely get frightened and will try to patch up with you, just simply ask these questions and leave from her. dont try to smile or be nice. Even though you are not talking to SK's parents care taker knows that someone is watching her behavior.. if you see the behavior continue for one more time, pls call parents and inform them...
    Its upto them to decide...

About PK's mother - i will give damn abt diplomacy or being nice to her, i will IGNORE her... simple.. Then only she will understand that she shouldnt encourage her son's behavior and scolding other kid...

Total Fault is her's only....

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    sindmani likes this.
  9. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

I haven't been back to the playground since this incident occurred but if I do I'll definately try to find out more about SK and see if I can get in touch with his parents to at least let them know what I'd witnessed.

10. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

@Greenbay This child was acting aggressively for almost an hour before he punched SK. Even as a grown up I was nervous around him. I'm not saying he was a psychopath but his behavior was unchecked, leading him to believe he could behave however he wanted. 4 years old or not, every child needs to be taught acceptable behavior, especially around other children. I realize that I should have said something much earlier but I was much too focused on my own children and making sure they didn't get caught up in the drama to intervene effectively.

Bullies come in all sizes, shapes and forms, not necessarily just from broken homes. As a parent, it is our job to teach our children boundaries of acceptable behavior. Kids coming from broken homes can grow up to be model citizens and at the same time, kids from privileged backgrounds can grow up to be horrible bullies - it all boils down to how you have been brought up by your parents.
    My son is 3, he once slapped a girl hard across the face because she was screaming at him. Even though it wasn't necessarily his fault, I still made him apologise to both the girl and his mother. Violence is never, ever OK. At least that is what I am trying to teach my children...

ashima10, guesshoo, SunPa and 4 others like this.