1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too Many Places To Travel ..but Can We?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, May 15, 2018.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

There are too many places to travel and see with kids..

My cousin takes two vacations per year..one for kids and another is a beach vacation or other countries.

She keeps saying kids grow up fast and so we need to take them
    Out as much as we can.

Yes agreed but

1) monetary wise I can’t afford two vacations like what she does

2) hubby does not get so many off days

3) I personally feel how much can one cover?

There are parents who have done Disney six times or
    More..

Disney,Disney cruise,if we are in Florida then comes Miami and key west.how much can one travel with kids ?

I feel so guilty that am not able to provide so much like other parents.we do local trips but not like the above..

Just a vent

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Take ur kids to which ever place you decide to go based on ur time at hand. It need not be far off places. Iam sure kids will enjoy any place you take them to.

Naari, shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Yearly one Vacation is nice and needed.
    My parents took vacation for every summer, after many years when we look back those pics I reminds us how much love and affection parents gave us.
    Because few years ago there was no online booking., Bulk tour package.
    Vacation need not be 15 days long. Even 3-4 days would be nice.
    1)local trips are good with small kids
    2) save for vacation, save a little amount every month. My colleague does that, even she saves her time off for vacation. You can check if your DH office allows that.
    3) Earth is a bigggg place to cover
    Those who have covered europe, australia, us are thinking to Costa Rica, south America, africa kind.
    Covering is not big deal, what we learn how much we enjoy matters.
    Take kids to muesum nature walks, national parks. Not typical beach vacation, cruise theme parks. They are for only one time.
    Not much interest...
    Your a great mom take them to places where they like

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wish travelling was free! I always wish tat ;) or at least get paid for travelling.. I don't know if its due to social media effect or something else, these days most of them travel a lot be it a near place or far away places. Everyone wants to take break from their busy lives and enjoy going to weekend getaways or far places.

That too in US there are so many places to see .Each state is unique and offers different stuff.
    You need not feel guilty for such things , whichever is convenient and best for your family, plan accordingly.

Hsharma2018, anika987 and sindmani like this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, First of all we all have friends who have seen Europe, Australia, Singapore and Disney many times over.To each their own. But the fact of the matter is will we enjoy same places again and again. Even kids. I think kids can only take 2 times of Disney.I have seen it once and i cant take one more time of that.

Usually when kids are grown to 6-7 driving down to places makes good memories . Not to mention very inexpensive. Dont fret about people telling you. Switch yourself off and keep saying oh is that so. I do that too. Next holiday make a plan and save a little every month and go as a family.Vacations are not taken to brag to everybody about it but to enjoy those places.Some people use it to undermine or show themselves as superior to everybody around.Few instances they make fool of themselves too. We remember those moments. Take a breath, look for nearby spots which is great. Make a plan. Save up. Visit. Do it always and enjoy for holiday. Good Luck.

6. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

I always look for things to do in and around our area. It could be a small hike or museums especially in summer Fridays many offer free passes. Local Libraries carry free passes too. Many of my friends go to children’s theme park on Saturday evenings when tickets are half prized when compared to full day. Some of my friends even get summer passes to same theme park and visit 3-4 times in summer. Many times you will be surprised to see what you can find in your own back yard.

There are off-peak seasons and you can check the prices to any travel destination during that time. Many Disney resorts would offer discounts or Specials. You need to keep checking frequently.

Building good memories is important kids will not mind any place. Go out have fun.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    anika987 and sindmani like this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anika, do not plan vacations due to guilt. Plan them only for your family. What works for one does not for another!

Plan your vacations according to your family not because someone else went.

Even building a night tent n camping out in your backyard will make great memories. Just get creative n make it memorable. Explore your locality.

Years later, it will be the memories of those happy moments that will stick to you not the luxury of it.