1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling With 7 Month Baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jillcastle, May 15, 2018.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

We are travelling to India with a 7 month old and I need guidance on how to handle the jet lag for the baby. For now he goes to sleep at 9 pm and I dream feed him around 5 am. He goes right back to sleep and wakes up around 7.30 am. I am worried his sleep schedule will get disturbed.

Anyone with similar experiences? How did you manage?

2. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Dont worry about the sleep schedule. Infants will get adjusted pretty quickly. I traveled when my kid is 10 month old and didn't find any difficulties. He adjusted in a week. If you are nursing full time, you are good. If not, take ample amount of formula.

sindmani likes this.
  3. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your assurance. I nurse him on demand. All, pls share any other tips on how to handle.

4. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Op,
    On handling :
    You could carry some books and handy toys .Story books and coloring books if your kid loves could greatly help you keep him engaged . By now you would know what he likes . Most of the kids enjoy watching rhymes . load your tab with a lot of rhymes .

About jet lag ,your kid will slowly get adjusted to sleeping . Make sure you put him to sleep when he is sleepy.. My only worry is the heat in India. Make sure for a few days you have no travelling plans after you reach ... Once everything is settled you could plan your trips .

jillcastle and shravs3 like this.
  5. diva31

diva31 Guest

Hey! I know being a mother is very difficult sometimes. You become very sensitive about your kids. You want the best for him. I gave birth to my triplets when I was 22 years old. now when I recall that time, I really get surprised by myself. I don't know how I survived with three at the same time. But my partner was really cooperative. You are concerned about your kid's sleep and schedule. That's fine. Don't worry much. he would take a bit of time but would soon get used to everything. And so would you. Hope you the best with your son. Have a good tour. And don't forget to enjoy! LOVE