Planning to start a play school in coimbatore.

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by GPP, Aug 27, 2012.

1. GPP

GPP New IL'ite

Hi IL's,

Im planning to start a play school in coimbatore and currently thinking abt franchising options. Has anyone started a play school through franchhise or any inputs in this area?

Im currently working now and im thinking to start this in around 6 months time.
    Your suggestions / inputs/ help are welcome and it would really help me to start my business soon :)

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    your idea sound good.But be prepared well before you step out into action as there are so many legal norms to be followed.

please check thread of our friends
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ycares/174394-what-age-start-play-school.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...erabad/128155-start-a-daycare-play-group.html

IndusLadies - Learn How to Run a Play School, from Mouchhanda Mitra

Some more stuff from google

A playschool is meant for kids under the age of 5 and is primarily aimed at providing quality education for kindergarten kids. So if you love kids then starting a playschool may be a good idea.
    Read more here......How to start a play school

The below content from::::www.in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081112212731AAb5XAe
    Running your own day care can both be fun and rewarding. It can however be a lot of work as well. You need to have a plan in place of what you're going to offer at your daycare, and then you are going to need to make a proposal of things that you're going to have to think about when you create your daycare.

There are several of things that you have to consider in order to run a daycare that is successful.

PICKING THE PLACE

This section has two sections which is what is on the outside, and then what is in the inside.

A)OUTSIDE

-- Find a daycare that has a large parking lot that can be used for a games area, or find a property that has a large field that you're able to do wide games and other sort of activities in the outdoors.
    -- Find an area that is in a quiet neighborhood or on a quiet street. Do not be near a really busy street as this can be dangerous if the kids want to run out into the middle of the street after a ball or something that they are playing with.
    -- Find an area that is not known for large wild animals such as bears, wolves etc. and also the area should be free of dirty needles, rubbers, and other drugs, and alcohol.
    -- The area should not be near a heavy thicketed area as this is easy for people to hide behind. Also a busy area is not a good idea as well, since abductions and other things like that can happen to children.
    -- Should have a playground in the settings that is safe and that is approved by the safety board for childcare societies.
    -- Use an attractive color on the building and make it look nice and airy.

B) INSIDE THE ESTABLISHMENT

-- Use paint that is lead free, and that has little or no odors
    -- Make sure that the electrical plugs have the plastic prongs in them to ensure that the little ones don't stick things in the sockets.
    -- If you are going to have stairs, make sure that you have that rubber mat material on, to prevent falling. The mats must be tightly secured into the stair to prevent tripping as well.
    -- Make sure that you have mats or basinettes for sleeping if you have infants or toddlers.
    -- Make sure that all of the chemicals and other dangerous products are behind a childproof lock.
    -- Make sure that you have a sink or small tub to clean children if you have toddlers or younger ones.
    -- Make sure that you have toys and other things that can be easily cleaned and disinfected.
    -- Make sure that you have some cabinets and drawers for various things. Also, make sure that you have really good sterile containers.
    -- Also have some bookcases and other sort of things like that.
    -- Also have sure you have an activities section, and also a snack area.

ACTIVITIES

There are a few sections in this category. The ones that you need to be concerned about in this section are: Cabinets, and Activities.

A) CABINETS

-- In the various cabinets you should have drawers that have the following things. One cabinet should be arts and crafts supplies and then one should be for office supplies and writing medias

a) ART AND CRAFT SUPPLIES

-- Glitter
    -- Finger Paints
    -- Clay and Play Dough
    -- Pipe Cleaners and Pom Poms
    -- Paint brushes
    -- Ribbon
    -- Google Eyes
    -- Felt and other fabrics
    -- Styrofoam Balls

b) WRITING SUPPLIES/OFFICE SUPPLIES
    -- Pencils
    -- Pens
    -- Felt Tip Markers
    -- Pencil Crayons
    -- Crayons

B) ACTIVITIES
    -- Arts and Crafts such as drawing, making models i.e. santa claus etc.
    -- Watching movies
    -- Acting out different situations
    -- Reading Books
    -- Playing Board Games
    --Going on Field trips
    -- Playing Active Wide Games such as red rover

SAFETY

In this section there are a few different sections. The main topics would be fire safety, hot water safety, road safety, and stranger safety.

a) FIRE SAFETY

-- Show children when it is a good idea to call 911 and show them when not to call 911.
    -- Show them an escape route and when to use it, and then a meeting place.
    -- Tell them that playing with matches is not a good idea
    -- If possible either bring a firefighter into the day care to explain to the children about fire safety, or visit a local fire hall for a tour.

b) HOT WATER SAFETY

-- If you are cooking, make sure that you always keep the handles turned inwards, so little hands can not pour the hot water onto themselves.
    -- Also make sure that the water is tepid, and not too warm.

c) ROAD SAFETY

-- Tell them not to enter the road unless they have an adult or someone older supervising them.
    -- Tell them to remember to look both ways before crossing the road.
    -- Tell them to disembark their bikes if they are riding bicycles before crossing the road.

d) STRANGER SAFETY

-- Tell them to recognize when an adult is trying to coerce them into their car.
    -- Tell them to tell the person no.
    -- Tell them to avoid the pitfalls i.e. looking for a lost puppy etc.
    -- If possible, get a police officer to come in and talk to them about safety around people who they do not know.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  3. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. lavisri2004

lavisri2004 New IL'ite

Hi,

Was reading your post about starting day care in cbre, have u opened up any?I currently live in NY and am planning to move to cbre next year, I was also having the same idea of opening up one or joining a day care for some position. Can you please let me know where you are and some more details.

Thanks,
    Lavanya Sriram

5. sathiya266

sathiya266 New IL'ite

I have a good dulpex house in coimbatore thudiyalur area which is very much suitable for a play school. House is about 3000 square feet and it is built in 9 cents area. 4 bedrooms and 4 attached bathrooms, plenty of area in front of the house, small garden and seperate servant toilet,bath available outside the house also available. Expected rent is 16000.Security deposit is 6 months rent.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
  6. kavitaassi

kavitaassi New IL'ite

we are planning to move to coimbatore can someone help me know a little about places to visit and a play school for my son

7. anisankar

anisankar New IL'ite

Hi, i would also like to start a play school in coimbatore, may i know is still this property is available. so that i can contact you soon.

8. anisankar

anisankar New IL'ite

Hi, I would like a start a play school in coimbatore. Any suggestions pls. I would also like to know if any existing play school for sale also

9. Rohini08

Rohini08 New IL'ite

Hi, I would like a start a play school in coimbatore. Any suggestions pls. I would also like to know if any home for rent or lease