Ttc After A C Section

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by magicwand007, May 11, 2018.

1. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

ladies,

I have a 20 month old son and would like to start trying for a second child soon.I am almost 31 and my previous delivery was by c section.

Somehow i have this fear in me that c section makes it harder to get pregnant the second time .i would like to hear from ladies who had c section the first time and went on to have a second child.was it any harder for you to fall pregnant the second time?

Any tips or suggestions are also welcome.I am deficient in vitamin D and Iron and doctor has given me supplements for that.we are yet to start trying but will do once my son turns 2.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

I had Cesarean first time and now carrying my 2nd one (37 W) .I am sure everyone's journey will be different based on health conditions and lifestyle .We did not have any issues 2nd time .I had D3 deficiency and was on medicine which I had to stop in 1st trimester based on doc suggestion however that deficiency was not a roadblock in my case.Healthy and nutritious food with adequate exercise everyday should help you .If you are still skeptical please reach out to a doc before you guys plan .

3. Ishaan10

Ishaan10 Bronze IL'ite

Neither previous c section nor vit d deficiency plays any role in fertility issues...make sure that u eat healthy ...check with doctor if u have any menstrual problems or hypothyroidism...

4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Previous c section or vit D n iron deficiency does not affect future pregnancies. This situation is a lot common than you think n if one has a future pregnancy problem, it's just not for these 3 reasons. There's a lot more to it.

5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I had second pregnancy after 9 months of my first c section. I never faced any problem and every thing went smooth. For vitamin d take milk and sit at sunlight and for iron you can have iron rich food like spinach. But as far as my experience I will not suggest to have second baby up to the time first one become 3. Rest decision is all yours.