1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Over Affection With Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by svpriya, Apr 30, 2018.

1. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Hey enjoy dear....u r blessed...try to get baby soon and enjoy with babies too.

nakshatra1 and svpriya like this.
  2. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thank you :blush::blush:

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I am also very close to my husband I feel I can't live without him at all . I love to spend time with him at home or anywhere and I am very happy

But still when it is time for duty we never neglect . Sometimes we have to give time for parents , relatives and due to some reason both can't be together . Also Sometimes work requires a lot of travel , we never neglect our work .

There is nothing wrong in being so close , just be mentally strong when duty requires to stay apart . Maybe for your profession /duty. Or you may need to go to parents house during pregnancy or your close ones may have fever (God forbid ) and need your care . That time take wise and thoughtful decision what is best in that situation .

You are lucky ,.Enjoy the precious moments . It is better to be too much in love than hardly at all .

Thyagarajan and svpriya like this.
  4. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

:blush::blush:

nakshatra1 likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I might differ from others, but for me anything if that is too much, then it is not good.
    Too much of sugar, though it tastes sweet doesn't taste good. That's the reality.

Take this over affection part with a pinch of salt.

You are here looking for our opinions and suggestions, because for a reason you or your spouse are affected by this over affection. It is somewhat stopping you, somewhat breaking you.
    You are not in dreams, to live in each others arms forever. The reality is very tough.

In today's life, it is inevitable to travel, stay away from family, be sick and all the practical nuisances. We have to deal with them all.

One of my maternal uncle and his family is famous for "over affection" in our circle.
    This uncle dearly loved his wife, and then after having 2 kids the whole family had over affection on each other.
    They all would go out together, roam together and stay happily at home together. Just that, there is nothing that they do individually or independently. Always together!!!

For a while, everyone wondered how come it is possible for them to live together.
    Eg: A few years back when uncle was admitted in the hospital for a UTI problem, the entire family (wife and 2 teen children) were also slept in the hospital room under special permission. Because, they can't spend a day away from each other.

Now that, their older son got university admission in a far place where he is needed to stay in a boarding place continue his study.
    This simple act of leaving home in your early 20s has shattered the entire family to the core.
    After so much drama, sickness, shock and hospitalization in the next 6 months, their son decided to drop out from his course to look something available in their home town.

So, be practical.
    Affection is fine, but over affection is not fine.
    Those who have not experienced affection as per their dreams may think over affection sounds great. It sounded great in our parents era, where a home is enough for everything.
    But for us, the world has become a small village, hence we are expected to roam for various reasons by leaving home frequently.
    Such mental agony each time when your spouse is gone is too much to bear. It can seriously affect both of you.

Besides, having a child is a long process. Hospitalization, vacation at momma's place, being closly attached with the kid, postpartum, and then slowly building up your life around the kid needs too much deviation from what you are today.
    You and your H should be able to learn this first and be able to adjust when such deviations comes in your life.