1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Over Affection With Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by svpriya, Apr 30, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Glad you both are showering love and affection on each other ! Pray tat it’s for life long cos many crib tat there is no love and affection between both.
    Yes too much is too bad as well ! Even if you both are away for short time for some unavoidable reasons you can call each other and show love and affection on call :thumbup:

svpriya likes this.
  2. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thank u shravs:blush::blush:

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Actually on first seeing the word 'over affection with spouse ' wanted to read it right away because there are so many of us who are longing for that love and affection and don't get it.. to stay in love with each other this much is itself a great blessing.. my personal opinion is that its the best thing to happen to a person, that is to get a loving partner and be in love always..In your case both of you are lucky for each other ..your 7 yrs of marriage has only strenghtened it more since you both are so supportive to each other considering that you are have no kids so far.. bcoz I have seen some families where they didnt have kids ,they used to fight constantly amd it very much weakened the relationship.. too much of something is not good is true in other cases but not for love. Sorry to differ from others.. If your husband finds it hard to be away from you Don take that as a problem instead feel grateful and thankful to god to give you a life filled with love and for your hubby missing you that much .. you are one of the luckiest women is what I would say.. nothing is more precious in this world than the true love from our hubby.. I will pray for you that you are blessed with kids too so your life is even more colourful...All the best wishes and god bless you dear.

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Two sided over affection is fine. But never try to judge your feeling of love. If you will ever try to compare his behavior some time ago and now then you will definitely find some difference as every situation is different so the reaction varies. Just go with the flow and dont try to question or judge anything.

yellowmango and svpriya like this.
  5. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot :blush::blush:

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op,just enjoy the affection .
    If the love and show of love is mutual,then such marriages are blessed.

It becomes a problem if the love is not mutual or very unequal .Then it become irritaing and needy for the less ' loving' spouse.

I have seen couples who are very loving all their lives and can't live without each other.

We had one such couple in the family .My mom narrated their story.
    When they were newly married ( almost as kids) the bride burnt her mouth drinking hot tea.
    The groom started checked her tea for hotness after that. Even when they were old,he would take her tea,take a sip and then give it to her.
    If she was having tea with other women , she would always blush and tell people how he checks her tea before she drinks.

Enjoy the love and affection ,but be realistic. When you have a child,for some years, things will change a little. If you both are mature enough to see it as growth and not as lessening of affection,then you will be fine.
    Hope you get your bundle of joy soon who will try to sleep between you two in the most ackward of angles.:) Till then ,enjoy the fun in trying to make one.

Thyagarajan, Laks09, NeetaR and 7 others like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

enjoy the affection, but remember we grow in our marriage, being there but not living in each other’s pocket works these days..

i have witnessed a couple who just lived, you cannot say they really loved each other from their behavior with each other(going by the new trend of pda needed) the day the mami died the man was heartbroken and he died in his sleep. they taught me that understanding and love is not necesarily to be seen by others but felt by the partners..

over affection is fine as long as it does not become possessiveness and even a kid between you becomes a intruder.

over affection should not become over dependence which is common in our parents gen where the wife gave 24*7 of her time to her husband so much that she waited on him. he did not know where his kercheif was. this became a bone of contention when kids arrived and she could not dedicate her time to the husband as before.

so be in love, grow together, live life complementing each other without ever comparing or competing for each other’s affection..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@yellowmango so sweet couple.. small gestures i love them.

yellowmango and svpriya like this.
  9. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thank you :blush:

10. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thank you :blush: