1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I kind of expected this twist!
    U ended this chapter at a very strategic point!
    Waiting for the next one.
    :blush:

muggs and ratan like this.
  2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Even my immediate thought was the same

muggs and peddadas like this.
  3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

@peddadas

Even if she is a divorcee, will she be opening up to Samyak...or will Samyak see her the same after the reveal...

@muggs

Can't wait to see what happens next...:clapclap::thinking:..write soon...

peddadas and muggs like this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Haha @peddadas ... Thanks for sharing your imagination. You will get the answer in my next chapter.:blush:

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

On my way... will post it very soon.:icon_writing:

ratan likes this.
  6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Needtobestrong :)

7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@muggs
    Good going with lovely twists and beautiful characters....
    All the best for the coming chapters

muggs likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

May be Samyak should take the help of his cousin for his next step :thinking:..

muggs likes this.
  9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @nandinimithun for your wishes.:blush:

nandinimithun likes this.
  10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 16

“Samyak Samyak…” Kavya waved her hands in front of his eyes.

Samyak got back to his senses and realized the car was parked. He looked at Kavya questioningly.

“What?? What happened to you? We have reached the store. Let's go inside.” Kavya looked at him closely.

“Ohh… nothing. Let’s go.” Samyak tried to come out of the shock.

“Are you sure? You look completely lost.” Kavya took her handbag and stepped out from the car.

“Ya, I am fine. Just got little distracted.” He also got down and followed Kavya in the store. Samyak is still not able to believe that Aastha is married. He never thought this in his dreams. It is a complete shock to him.

“Look Samyak… How is it?” Kavya pointed towards a beautiful crystal heart with their photo imprinted on it and a sweet message written at the bottom. Crystal is kept on a light changing and revolving stand. Their smiling faces are shining brightly.

“It is beautiful. Nice.” Samyak said to Kavya. He tried to sound excited as he doesn’t want to kill Kavya’s happiness and thrill, which can be seen easily in her eyes.

“Only Nice? Ohh don’t you like it?” Kavya felt little disappointed with Samyak’s response.

“No, I really like it. It is very very nice and lovely. Mohit will love it.” Samyak said with extra pressure.

“Yay!!!” Kavya said happily and asked the salesperson to gift wrap it. Samyak took the box from the counter and they came back in the car.

“Let's go home. Mohit and Aastha must be waiting.” Kavya started the car.

Samyak wanted to ask Kavya about Aastha but he is not able to start the conversation. He thought for a while but he couldn’t control himself and so he asked,

“So Aastha is married in Mumbai. I mean she told me that she is from Mumbai.” Samyak checked with Kavya and tried to sound casual.

“No, actually she got married in Pune. But now she lives in Mumbai.” Kavya replied while driving the car.

“Pune. Ohh… so her husband must be working in Mumbai?” Samyak tried to understand if she is married in Pune, how is she working in Mumbai.

“No actually… I mean she had a very tragic past.” Kavya’s voice turned very low.

Samyak couldn’t understand what she meant, “Tragic? What happened?”

“Actually Mohit’s Aunt and Uncle, I mean Aastha’s parents, they live in Mumbai. Uncle is a CA and owns his firm there. Aastha and her younger sister are born and brought up there only. After Aastha has completed her engineering and started working in an IT company, many suitable alliances started to come. Uncle and Aunty wanted the best for their daughter like every other parent. Within few months, they got this alliance from a very well known and affluent family of Pune. They have a huge family business. The boy was educated, well mannered and Aastha’s horoscope was also matched. Everything was perfect. They all went to Pune and met boy’s family. His name was Akshat. After Akshat and Aastha talked for some time and found everything okay, they got engaged in a week’s time. Within 2 months there was an auspicious date so everyone agreed and marriage also took place. I also attended the marriage in Pune and everything was like a fairy tale. I still remember Aastha was looking so beautiful and pretty in her bridal attire. After the marriage, Aastha came to Mumbai for her “Pagfera” ritual(During Pagfera ritual, the bride comes to her parents' house for 2-3 days and then her husband will come to pick her up and take her back.). Akshat was supposed to come after 2 days. On that fateful day, since morning, all the preparations were going on for welcoming Akshat. Aastha also got ready and packed her bag but Akshat never reached to Mumbai to take her.” Kavya’s voice broke.

“Why? Why didn’t he show up?” Samyak got worried and his curiosity is at peak.

“Akshat met with an accident on the highway from Pune to Mumbai. His car got banged with a truck coming from opposite direction. Truck’s driver lost control and hit Akshat’s car. He couldn’t survive the collision and even before reaching the hospital, everything got over.” Kavya’s eyes got wet remembering the devastating incident.

“What?? Akshat was no more… Ohh my god…” Samyak was completely shocked and shaken after knowing everything. He couldn’t imagine that Aastha has gone through all this.

“When the news came, Aastha was in complete shock and devastated. Uncle and Aunty were inconsolable. They had never imagined that their daughter who was supposed to start her new life, will face such a traumatic and heart-wrenching incident just after her marriage. Akshat’s parents were also crushed. They were not in their senses and completely shattered. But it was shocking, when in such a time also, people rather than giving their support and sympathy, start speaking senseless. Some of the relatives start blaming Aastha for this and saying ill things about her. So Akshat and Aastha’s parents decided that it would be better if Aastha stayed in Mumbai only. The poor girl was already facing such a huge loss and on top of that listening to taunts for something which one has no control over it. I couldn’t imagine how Aastha would have felt and lived in those moments.” Kavya took a deep breath.

“It must be the most difficult time of her life. I had never ever imagined that Aastha was gone through so much. Looking at her innocent and calm face, no one can say, there is so much pain behind all that. She has such positive vibes and optimistic perspective towards life, that I never felt, life was so unfair to her.” Samyak’s concern and empathy for Aastha are clearly visible in his voice.

Kavya stopped the car and looked at Samyak closely. She can see how much Samyak is affected by knowing about Aastha’s past. She felt there is something more than just a general worry for someone. Samyak realized Kavya is looking at him and tried to hide his emotions.

“What happened? Why have you stopped?” Samyak tried to divert her from noticing his expressions.

“Because we reached.” She pointed at the house.

Samyak didn’t realize that they have reached back to the house.

“Ohh… I was caught up with thoughts about whatever happened with Aastha that I haven’t realized. Let's go inside.” Samyak took the gift box and tried to open the door.

“Wait… what is going on? Why do I feel, there is something you are trying to hide?” Kavya locked the door.

“What are you saying? It’s nothing. Why would I hide anything?” Samyak said hesitatingly.

“Ohh god you never tell anything easily. Let me ask this straight, do you like Aastha?” Kavya asked him directly.

“Whaaat… what are you saying? I don’t know where are you getting such ideas?” Samyak was not expecting the direct question. He got baffled.

“Don’t hide your feelings Samyak. I can feel your concern and care for her. I had little doubt earlier also when you found Aastha in our house, you seemed quite happy as if you wished to meet her and you got her there.” Kavya tried to dig Samyak’s feelings and gave a fluke.

“Come on Samyak, I am your sister. You can tell me.” Kavya pressured him again.

“Ok fine. Yes, I like her. I don’t know how and when it all started, but as much time I spent with her and talked to her in the office or at my house or in the temple, it made me drawn more towards her. When I didn’t find her in the office one day I felt kind of missing her. And when I am expecting least, she was right in front of me. I felt delighted to see her. I realized that I will get a whole day spend with her and I think you noticed my excitement.” Samyak finally accepted his feelings.

Kavya is pleasantly surprised. Her fluke turned out to be true.

“Ohh wow… house and temple. I had no idea that you guys met before outside office as well. So does she know how you feel about her?”

“No, and you will also not say a thing. Promise me.” Samyak warned her sister looking at her excitement.

“Ok… I promise. But one thing I want to tell you. You know Samyak, she has gone through such a horrifying experience, that a fear has planted in her heart about marriage. It took a lot of time before she got back to her normal life. She handled herself really well and started working again. But she has made up a wall around her and to enter into her heart and make her realize your feelings about her will be very difficult. She shows everyone that she is happy and cheerful but I am sure her wound is still not healed. Whenever her parents talk about remarriage, she gets uncomfortable, and to avoid the whole situation she has accepted this London Project offer.” Kavya said with concern.

Samyak understood the state of Aastha’s mind and heart. He can connect with her fear to some extent, “I got it. You don’t worry Kavya, I will make sure that she will not be hurt with any of my actions. She has already suffered a lot and I don’t want her to feel a bit of pain anymore.”

Kavya felt assured with Samyak’s sincerity and concern for Aastha. She smiled and silently prayed to God for Samyak and Aastha. They both got down from the car and entered the house.