1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Do Aastha impressed with Samyak as well? Is their EQ matched? Waiting for another side view.:sconf::shakehead:

muggs likes this.
  2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 15

“Hi Samyak… How are you?” Kavya said as Samyak answered the call.

“Hi, Kavya. I am good. How about you? How is Mohit?” Samyak felt little awkward as he was supposed to call her instead she called.

“If you want to know how are we doing, you have to visit us at least once. What is this Samyak, you are in London for so many months but haven’t come to our house once.” Kavya said angrily.

“I am sorry Kavya, work is so hectic these days. I planned few times but couldn’t execute it.” Samyak tried to explain.

“I know you are very busy. Anyways enough is enough. Now I am giving you a formal invitation. It's our anniversary party this Saturday and you have to come. I don’t want any excuses this time.” Kavya ordered her brother.

“Ohh wow… that’s great. I will come surely. If you need any help with the arrangements, let me know.” Samyak asked.

“Nothing it is just a small party with our close friends. Only help would be, you reach here on time.” Kavya replied.

“Ok… I will reach there on time.” Samyak assured her.

“Alright… see you. Take care n Bye.”

“You too…Bye.”

They hung up the call.

Samyak thought this time he has to go. He has already postponed it so many times already. He started getting ready for office. He has to buy a gift also for Kavya and Mohit.

Samyak reached office at a regular time. His eyes are searching for Aastha. He took a detour to his cubicle and passed from the IT Team section. He couldn’t find her. After they went to the temple together, Samyak looks for the opportunity to talk to her and spend more time but as they are in different departments, their work schedule doesn’t allow them much to interact. Sometimes they meet in the cafeteria during lunch or coffee time. Samyak is still hesitant to ask her out as they have just started interacting with each other and he has no idea what Aastha thinks about him.

Samyak looked around the cubicles but he couldn’t find Aastha.

“She might be late today.” He thought.

He came to his place and started working. During evening again, he strolled around but Aastha was not there. Now he started getting little restless. It seems she has not come to office today. He thought of checking with her team members but then dropped the idea. He pulled out his phone and look into contacts. Aastha’s number was showing on the screen.

He thought of dialing it but his hands are not touching the screen. Will it look odd, he asked himself. Should I call? After a little argument between the mind and heart, finally heart wins and he dialed her number.

“Hello…” Aastha answered the call.

“Hi, Aastha… Samyak here.” Samyak said nervously.

“Hi Samyak…” Aastha is not at all expecting his call.

“Sorry to disturb you. I haven’t seen you around today so just thought of checking is everything all right?” Samyak was trying to think some excuse.

“Ohh...Thanks for asking. Actually, I came to my cousin’s place for the weekend. So I thought I will work from here for 2 days and will be back on Monday.” Aastha told him but she felt there is something going on in Samyak’s mind.

“Ohh… Monday. I mean that’s great.” Samyak felt little disappointed as he will get to see her directly on Monday.

“What happened Samyak? Do you have any work with me?” Aastha asked listening to his reaction.

Samyak realized how he responded and quickly covered it up, “No…Nothing urgent. Actually, I have to buy some gift so I thought if you can help me but that’s okay. I will manage. You enjoy your weekend.”

“Alright then… see you on Monday. Are you sure there is nothing else?” Aastha double checked with him.

“Yes yes… nothing else. See you. Bye.” Samyak hung up hurriedly as he felt Aastha is not convinced with his excuse.

“Bye.” Aastha also hung up. She felt little odd. Why would Samyak have called her suddenly? Is he really wanted help with the gift or anything else? She was confused as it was little unexpected for her. She is kind of feeling there is something but she is not sure what it could be. She has no clue that Samyak has started developing feelings for her. He never expressed or shown anything like that. Aastha convinced herself that he had called casually and resumed her work.

On the other side, Samyak has no other option than to just wait for Monday. He could not think of calling her again. He diverted his mind and started looking for the gift options for Kavya’s party.

On Saturday morning, he got Kavya’s message with address and the directions. Samyak called his mother and informed her that he is going to meet his sister. Anita is happy that Samyak is going out and meeting new people. Samyak took the train and then a cab to reach Kavya’s house. After Kavya’s marriage, he was meeting her and her husband Mohit for the first time. He rang the bell.

“Hey Samyak… So good to see you. Please come inside.” Mohit opened the door.

“Hey, Mohit… how are you?” They hugged each other.

“I am good. How are you?” Mohit asked him to come inside.

“Ahh… finally, you are here.” Kavya also came outside and hugged his brother.

“Yes finally.” Samyak smiled.

“Happy Anniversary to both of you.” Samyak handed the gift and box of chocolates to them.

“Thank you so much.” They said together.

“It is so nice to see you after a long time. So how is life going? Do you like London?” Kavya asked Samyak.

“Yes, everything is going well. You tell it seems, after marriage, you put on some weight.” Samyak teased her.

“That’s great, isn’t it? It means I am keeping your sister happy.” Mohit winked at him.

They all laughed.

“So where are the other guests?” Samyak looked around and found there is no one else.

“They will come around evening. I thought we can have lunch together and spend some time before everyone arrives.” Kavya served them water.

“Sure that would be great.” Samyak replied.

“Kavya, where is chikki?” Mohit asked.

“She was getting ready upstairs. See here is she.” Kavya pointed towards stairs.

Samyak kept the water glass on the table and looked towards the stairs. Aastha was coming down from the stairs.

“Samyak meet chikki … I mean Aastha. She is my cousin.” Mohit introduced his sister.

“You??” Aastha looked at him with surprise.

“You??” The same reaction came from Samyak.

“You guys know each other.” Kavya questioned them.

“Samyak and I are in the same office.” Aastha told her.

“Ohh really… I thought Samyak is in finance.” Mohit looked surprised.

“Yes, I am. But we both are working for the same client in different departments.” Samyak explained.

“I had no idea that you are Kavya’s cousin.” Aastha said.

“Even I was not aware that you are Mohit’s cousin. I haven’t seen you in their marriage.” Samyak replied.

“Yes, Aastha could attend our marriage. She is the daughter of my Mom’s sister.” Mohit told Samyak.

“We all are in London for so many days and finally meeting together today. Let's celebrate this meeting and have lunch.” Kavya said humorously.

“Yes let’s go.” They all went to the dining table.

Samyak felt delighted seeing Aastha there. He couldn’t stop smiling. He never thought he will get to see her here. He was praising himself in his mind for coming to Kavya’s house today and not sitting at home.

They all had lunch together and chatted for hours. Both brother-sister duos shared their childhood memories with each other. Samyak was listening to everything related Aastha carefully. Kavya felt happy that Samyak is comfortable with them as she knew that he has kind of cutoff himself from everyone.

“Wow, I must say it was great 'before party' celebration.” Mohit announced after the lunch.

“Don’t you worry, the party is going to be rocking as well.” Kavya smiled at him.

“I am sure it will. After all, you have arranged everything.” Mohit applauded.

Aastha and Samyak also clapped and smiled.

“Ohh… I have to collect something.” Kavya said patting her head.

“What?” Mohit asked.

“I can’t tell you that. It is a surprise. Samyak, can you please come with me? We will go and collect it.” Aastha looked at Samyak.

He nodded. Kavya ran inside and grabbed her handbag and car keys.

“I will come in some time. Let’s go Samyak.” She waved to Mohit and Aastha.

“Listen Kavya…” Mohit tried to ask her but she already went out.

Samyak joined Kavya in the passenger seat. She reversed the car and started driving as per the GPS instruction.

“Where are we going?” Samyak asked.

“I have a surprise for Mohit. I will show you. We will reach in 30 mins.” Kavya said excitedly.

Samyak felt really happy seeing Kavya and Mohit together.

“I am so happy to see you both. You guys are perfect for each other.” Samyak said to Kavya.

“Thank you. And I am very happy to see you smiling and enjoying today. I don't know why did you just cut off yourself from all of us. Aditya bhaiya also told me that you hadn’t spoken to him after all that happened. You left our cousin’s WhatsApp group as well.”

“You know whatever had happened, it affected me so badly. I didn’t want to talk about it. It felt miserable.” Samyak said.

“I can understand. It must be a very difficult phase of your life but we were and are always there for you. You can talk to us anytime about anything.” Kavya assured Samyak.

“Thanks, Kavya. I must say you have become very mature.” Samyak said with a smile.

“Not become, I am born mature. Anyways so did you enjoy today with us? I mean you have met Mohit for the first time. You already knew Aastha but I don’t think you guys hung out before.” She asked.

Samyak thought of telling Kavya about how is he feeling about Aastha but then he thought he will better keep it to himself as of now so he replied in short, “Yes it was great catching up with you all.”

“You don’t believe, after my marriage, when I met Aastha, I thought I will suggest her for you, but by the time you were engaged to Niharika. And after your break up with Niharika, Aastha was already engaged and got married after 2 months.” Kavya said casually.

“Engaged and Got Married” these words are echoing in Samyak’s ears again and again. He couldn’t understand anything. He got blank for few moments.

3. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@muggs. Wow. Very well knitted. A great applaud for your imagination because we can visualize the scene as it is happening before our eyes. I can empathize Samyak's emotions.

muggs likes this.
  4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

OMG!! what is this..
    She's already married?

muggs likes this.
  5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

I assuming now. May be something went wrong in her marriage .:facepalm: The curtain will be open in next chapter. Hv to wait.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    muggs likes this.
  6. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

@muggs

Wow..talk about twist of story

muggs likes this.
  7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much @ratan :)

8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@ratan and @creativemumma
    This marriage mystery will unfold in the next chapter:icon_writing:

9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@rupz yes, let's see how the twist will turn their lives.

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Whatttt? This is a twist..Is she a divorcee then(I dont know why I thought like that, but I feel it that way) ..Kavya might continue discussion about Astha saying she is a divorcee or she is in a harsh marriage ....Ufff I should stop my imagination :BangHead:
    --PS

muggs likes this.