1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by coolblues, Oct 25, 2012.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I was diagnosed with kidney stones some 4-5 years ago, there was one quite big stone 4-5 cm and some small stones 2-3 mm. I started homeopathy medicine hydrangea and berberis. i used to drink around 4 litres of water per day. Small stones easily came out in 3-4 months. But that big one was staghorn, and quite big, causing harm to kidney in a slow manner. So decided to go for surgery.
    Even after surgery i was on high risk of developing the stones again considering my history. So After surgery my doctor suggested me to avoid eating more salty products as chips, chutney, sauce, papad, pickle etc. As these contains high amount of salt even for small quantity and hidh amount of salt in your body retain water. Adviced me to drink 4 lit. of water everyday, target is to produce atleast 2.5 lit of urine which will help in flushing the kidney, which is required for cleaning them.
    and adviced me to exercise which includes jumping as it will not let the stone settle and make the grip.
    He told me that avoiding tomato , palak etc is obsolete theory. As with new research it is found that whatever we eat we absorb very little of that, so even if these vegetables containing material of which stone is formed, still you cant so much in a day which can do so. besides its the problem of functioning of kidney which produces the stones.

I avoid taking calcium supplement. Even in my second pregnancy i maintained my calcium intake with milk and curd only.

most important is to do jumping exercise and drink more water.

2. Aabha82

Aabha82 New IL'ite

Lots of water. Drains the stone out with urine...

3. wasim

wasim New IL'ite

Hello All,

The best diet plan for kidney stones would be
    Follow these guidelines if you have kidney stones:

• Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water.
    • Eat less salt. Chinese and Mexican food, tomato juice, regular canned foods, and processed foods are often high in salt. Look for low-salt or unsalted products.
    • Have only 2 or 3 servings a day of foods with a lot of calcium, such as milk, cheese, yogurt, oysters, and tofu.
    • Eat lemons or oranges, or drink fresh lemonade. Citrate in these foods prevents stones from forming.
    • Limit how much protein you eat. Choose lean meats.
    • Eat a low-fat diet.

4. Aryanktk

Aryanktk New IL'ite

Wasim,

You are right. Lifestyle and dietary changes affect kidneys. If one is prone to kidney diseases or have a history of kidney stone in the family, he/she should be very careful.
    Hearty beats gives detail explanation in infographics to kidney stones diet here. Kidney stones diet: What to eat and what to avoid?

5. ayurvedam

ayurvedam New IL'ite

nice post.Diet is another problem for health.weight loss treatment kerala Some peoples have weight loss and other for overweight, someone go to the treatment for that. We need for some good controls. Some food items are avoided for our daily life for examples frying foods

6. pharmascience12

pharmascience12 New IL'ite

Pharmascience Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone is purely Ayurvedic product

Our Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone is purely an Ayurvedic product which totally made from herbal plants like Pashanbhed, Varuna, Hajrul yahood bhasam, Gokrush, Punarnava, Shavet paparti.It has licensee from the GMP and HALAL which gives the quality assurance. It has green dot mark which means it has only veg content in this Stone Crusher

For more visit

Pharmascience – The Indian Ayurveda

7. pharmascience1

pharmascience1 New IL'ite

Pharmascience Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone is purely Ayurvedic product

Our Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone is purely an Ayurvedic product which totally made from herbal plants like Pashanbhed, Varuna, Hajrul yahood bhasam, Gokrush, Punarnava, Shavet paparti.It has licensee from the GMP and HALAL which gives the quality assurance. It has green dot mark which means it has only veg content in this Stone Crusher

For more visit

Pharmascience – The Indian Ayurveda

8. Reena77

Reena77 New IL'ite

Subscribe to youtube channel, we keep posting nutrition related videos which can help/ Nutrition Gyan

9. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Water is of course the best medicine.
    Detox waters, green tea, normal water are all greatly helpful to flush the body toxins.
    Between, I ensure that I drink at least 3 liters of water in a day.
    If i dont, I get mouth ulcers.

10. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

yes bannana stem is good. Have heard of beetroot also. Try to have it regularly for a few months and go for checkup..