1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Married Life.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rushtha, Apr 21, 2018.

1. rushtha

rushtha New IL'ite

Hi, I am a silent reader here. I have been married for 3 years now and have a kid also. I have married my colleague in my previous company. We both were friends and I thought it would be nice if I married to him. I know his financial problems, his breakup, family situation and drinking/smoking habits. He also told he quit all his drinking/smoking habits and also his contact with ex. I have ignored all this and married him with both the sides acceptance. He singlehandedly handled all of his families financial needs like house expenses, brothers studies, grandma's medical expenses etc. He was not earning good also then. I still accepted all this things in courtship itself thinking all will change. He took a huge loan for his sisters marriage such that he would not be having any amount for his own expenses after all the emis and some other debits. I was a bit laid back knowing all this and he assured he would do all the expenses for us. After our marriage everything become horrendous and I was the only handling all the financial needs of us. His debts are really huge that he cannot do anything in bed as well after our marriage. I did not lose any hope. After that he started taking money from my account and pledged my jewellery everything without my knowledge. I have updated all this to his family and his family told they do not know about his financial debts, his act is not good. Apart from this he was also drinking, smoking which helps told quit long back. He was also in contact with his ex witjout my knowledge. His ex was using a fake profile for alomst one year and chatting with him since i blocked her own profile from his acc. He would be nice when I clear his debts if I dint give money he will behave like an animal. Meantime we were also consulting for infertility. He was under lot of stress so that it affects the treatment since he could not do as per Dr's schedule. I took 2 loans and cleared his debts temporarily to go with the infertility treatment. By God's grace I have become pregnant and the financial problems was still there. Again did a top up to his loan to clear the pending debts. Everytime he takes a loan or with my help the financial problem will be kept off temporarily and again within 6 months he will run into a big debts. His family will not ask a word about it if he gives money they are okay. They will not care whether it's from his own pocket or borrowed from someone. At the same time I would not ask even a penny to him for my own needs. In all these years he dint even get any dress for me no gifts nothing. Instead he will ask me to buy whatever he wants saying he cannot get that things because of his debts. Whenever the financial problems rises his family will say they do not know about his debits he just did his sister marriage . They do not about the complete expenditure for the marriage how much he spent etc. This has happened for 4 times. Everytime I am sick of hearing those words ' we don't know' . 'We have advised him he will be behaving nicely'. With all this I am not able to give 100 % love to my kid and this is sickening me. I can suffer for my mistake of marrying him knowing all this things. Why should my kid has to suffer. He is getting affected by seeing all the fights. I am going mad whenever there is a trigger. I am not keeping my cool and recollecting all the earlier mistakes and making the situation even worse r. I do not have any peaceful childhood because of my father. I have distanced from him all the relationship with him and I am in peace with it. He is behaving good with the kid. But I show my anger towards the kid. I behave like a psycho whenever there is a financial problems, drinking/smoking habits and his contact with his ex. I don't want my kid to suffer like me. The situation is killing me everyday. I have given enough chances for all of his negative habits but still it's repeating. I don't want to have a good relationship with him since I emotionally/ physically detached with him. I also don't have any satisfied sexual life with him. Please give me suggestions how I can handle the situation better for my kid. I have to join office in a months time and I have to deal with the work pressure also.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Attitude of "he/ she will change after marriage" is a cover up that our heart makes to justify that decision, because our mind realizes that it's a wrong decision. Most of the time it's only 'no change'.

Since he has no willingness to change, this will continue for life. You can only choose about how to react to it.
    Live with it - become numb / accept it n deal with it all your life.
    Separate - live in a separate house, different city, country.
    Divorce - legal way
    - each options are difficult ones. None easier than the other.

Until unless your husband changes his habits of ex, smoke, drinks, money, attitude, behaviour, lack of responsibility, commitment towards his wife n kid, etc, nothing will change.

Your husband needs to get a higher paying job or you have to disown him financially for the financial situations to get better. Also safeguard money for your future n child n stop paying for his loans - as long as he knows that you are there to bail him out financially, he wont stop as he will never have to face the real consequences.

His family will continue the "we don't know" forever because they are enjoying the perks. They know everything but why would they accept, that will mean they won't get anything. So they won't help.

Btw, all these problems existed even before the child happened, but you still persistently had a child, n with medical help though he was not able to, due to his stress from the same problems. So you knew what you were getting your child into. Guess you again thought, he will change after the baby.

Would suggest you to get into meditation, yoga, walking or any form of exercise and listening to music or anything to calm your mind. You can do all of these things with the baby too if can't be left alone. Basically this calms your mind n works your body. First step towards finding your inner balance. Learn to control your anger for the sake of your child n your own sanity.

Then decide what you want to do with your marriage n give him in an ultimatum, if that doesn't work then there maybe very little hope that he might change, ever.

sbonigala, Sandycandy, NeetaR and 2 others like this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Go for legal action.As it is ,he is broke and won't be able to find enough means to put up a big enough legal fight against you.He is just a parasite living off you. You have a job and a kid.His family has never been of any help to you. Prepare yourself mentally and file for divorce. And don't accept his apologies when he comes running to you because he will soon realize that he has nothing without you.If you give in once,you will never be able to get away from this vicious cycle. Separate your accounts,Keep whatever jewellery you have in locker ,and find a separate accommodation for yourself and your child and then go to court.

Sandycandy and lazy like this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I also feel divorce is the only solution

lukywife and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the day we stop believing ‘i can change him/her after marriage’ lot of issues are solved.

you had so many red flags waving so high and bright and you blindly believed you could change a person..

marriage works when you stop trying to change someone. suceess of a marriage is when your partner corrects a trait willingly for the otherhalf’s sake. you cab adapt compromise in a marriage but completely changing your basic character is not possible.

it is going to be your decision. what do you want from this marriage apart from the near impossible change in your husband

Sandycandy, sbonigala and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. Sweety2018

Sweety2018 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I suggest you to take decisions when your mind is calm, without any stress.
    Until and unless you stop supporting him, he will never change. First of all you should pamper yourself, be confident. Keep your important stuff safely. Keep your self busy with kid. Make sure you and your kid should not be affected with the situation.

Barbie2013 likes this.
  7. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

There is great option “divorce”. Life is too short to deal with this kindness of husbands. Divorce and be free.That’s just my opinion.

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP,
    It is a sad situation to be in. You are suffering now. Please calm down. Accept the reality that he is using you for his benefits. He is of no use to you now. It is easy to say ' go for divorce or separation' . In your case there is EMA, financial abuse, bad rabbits etc.. genuine reasons for separation.

But you are the one who has to decide what you want. But any decision should be taken with a calm mind and after rethinking about plus and minus many times. Focus fully on you. Try to relax like other Ilites suggested above. For any problem, we need to accept it, then think about what can be done and then only we can move forward with confidence and courage.

Please dont punish your kid like this. Whenever you get angry to your kid, tell yourself that it is not good, 'I need to change it' Get out of the situation and go away from the scene. . He/she is the only positive aspect in your marred life now. Cherish it. If your husbands presence is making you angry, take a deep breath, go another room and relax there with your kid. Completely avoid him. If you can start spending more time out side of your home with kid, do whatever that makes you happy, relaxed and peaceful.

"I behave like a psycho whenever there is a financial problems, drinking/smoking habits and his contact with his ex."

If so let his ex pay the loans, not you. Do you have any evidence that he is still having romantic relation with his ex.? If so collect evidence. [May be you can think about informing it anonymously to her husband without revealing any details of your dh. But that should be done very carefully]

If I were in your position, I will not pay any of his loans again. Learn to say NO. So far you have given him the impression that you are ok with what he do. That is why he is taking you for granted. He thinks and believes that you will tolerate anything and be with him forever . You have to shake that belief to the core. So you need actions now to give him a strong warning that you don't care and you are serious about leaving him as you believe you don't need him.

Now, think about going back to work, make arrangements to take care of your kid. Start saving for yourself and kid. Completely change your password for accounts so that he don't have any access there or open a new account. You have to show him that there is an effect to his actions. Ignore him completely. Fighting or arguing is of no use. It will increase your stress. Go on a silent mode, but talk only if needed. Please dont fight or argue infornt of your kid. Try to be emotionally independent. Detach from him. Be financially independent. Think about making alternative arrangements to start a new life with your kid and you. Gain mental strength to face anything. You need to be healthy too. So take care of your health and beauty well. Start loving yourself more than anyone else.

Once you decide and gain confidence, then confront him with an ultimatum. Till then simply use him. If nothing works then decide whether it is good to stay with him or think about a new life with you and your kid. I am sure when you are ready, the decision will come naturally to you. Only you can change your life. No one else. Life is too short. Be strong and positive.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    shravs3, MonikaSG and Deborah like this.
  9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

WOMEN, YOU ARE NOT REHABILITATION CENTERS FOR BADLY RAISED MEN. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO FIX HIM, CHANGE HIM, PARENT HIM OR RAISE HIM. YOU WANT A PARTNER, NOT A PROJECT

sbonigala, Sri2196, Rajeni and 2 others like this.
  10. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

I feel very sad after reading ...c this family knows everything and making use of u..this family and this man is keeping you only for ur money ..if u stop giving money they will send u out...MONEY MONEY MONEY.

In this case you can’t change ur husband because he has to realize ...

I would suggest just come out of this house live in a sepearate house ..live for u and your son..I know it’s hard but don’t struggle being there and lose your child also.

There is a limit for adjusting ..come out and live happy..