1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Ideas For Teachers Appreciation (pre-k)

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Apr 20, 2018.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    My DS (dear son) is going to special ed pre-k in the elementary school. I got an email from the school that next week will be teachers appreciation and we can send in gifts for raffles.

There are 3 teachers in my kid's class. Also, he have a speech therapist,makes a count of 4. I would like to know what are the gifts can we give to the teachers? And also the price for each gift?
    I know the price depends on each individual. But what price is considered normal. I am just thinking about gift cards. Any other ideas? What do you all give to ur kid's teachers?

Also, my kid's comes in a school bus. He takes the bus once a day(only for drop). I am planning to give them some gifts too. What can we gift to the bus drivers? Any inputs?

Thank you.

sindmani likes this.

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

The gift cards are good idea especially the restaurant once.. it depends up to u how much u want to spend... I had given gift cards ..
    chocolates may be ..

sindmani and gknew like this.
  3. Bhuvana007

Bhuvana007 Silver IL'ite

Gift cards - best idea...
    just some random ideas:
    1. along with card, you can prepare some easy/simple sweet and give them in small container
    2. coffee mug with message printed in it
    3. lunch box set ( least idea)
    4. wall hanging or table photo frames-like with good messages printed

gknew likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

We gave sweets to all the teachers/helpers in a pouch. But this was on last day of his play group not a dedicated appreciation day.

gknew likes this.
  5. Nimmsmile

Nimmsmile Silver IL'ite

Make the card and decorate it with ur kids hand.... Give the card along with rose to each with ur kids hand ( with beautiful smile).. then chocolates or cakes to spend the happy snacks time

sindmani and gknew like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@gknew,

This was discussed some time ago here in this thread and you may find it helpful
    Gifts for Teachers in U.S. Schools

Just one word, our school district has a cap on how much a teacher may receive as a gift and that is $25 I think. 15 - 25$ is normal. Also for the bus drivers, we usually pool in with other parents (one parent takes initiative and $2 to 5 per home) and give one gift card to Mc Donalds or Starbucks or some such place for coffee....$10 if you are going solo is not bad!

Hope that helps.

gknew and Sandycandy like this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Gift cards are a good idea, Starbucks is popular with everyone here and that’s what I tend to give normally. $25 is a good amount . Check with other parents if you want to gift together .

gknew likes this.
  8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for the link. I will go with the gift cards.
    And for the driver, pooling with others is a good idea. But I don't have any other parents nearby. He comes in a small school bus. (Special ed has a small bus for kids)
    Starbucks or some coffee is a good idea. Thank you.

Srama likes this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your reply. I will check with other parents if we can join together for teacher 's gift.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What does gifts for raffles mean? If it means that teachers will choose from a pool of gifts in some order, then, your child's teachers might not get what you send.

I would say send in $10 Starbucks or amazon gift card each for the teachers. $10 is a bit on the lesser side, but there are four of them. For the driver, give a $20 Starbucks gift card.

Pooling with other parents can get tricky as you will be chasing parents to collect the money. If there is an email list and you are collecting via PayPal or other online method, then, it might be doable. Even then, there will be one sweet parent who will want to send a check by mail. Pooling is good for the recipient. They get one nice big gift.

gknew likes this.