1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sertraline – Did Anyone Use This Medicine?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by VijayaRaghu, Sep 13, 2017.

1. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

Anyone used sertraline for depression ? I am talking this medicine around 8pm every night. As per the doctor, it shouldn’t cause for sleepiness. But all the time I am feeling sleepy. If in middle of my work, I sleep for 20 mins I feel better in the afternoon. All the time I feel like you know, how to explain….ummm….like I am under the sea in water…..you here all the sounds with low voice. Not really reaching your brain sort of. But since I started this medicine, I am hardly crying. But I feel my brain has become so dumb that I can’t think of anything. I am pushing myself to think of something. If I force myself to think on how to plan some stuff or something also, I am dropping half way. I have become so….. quite and not talking to anyone. I used to be this way before too (since couple of months), but now a days it’s becoming more of this way. I am confused friends, I just want one morning with fresh and happy mood. I totally forgot healthy, active, fresh and happy days.

2. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Yes, I did, it worked quite well for me, I had a little bit of sleepiness, nothing like you have described. How long have you been on this med? May be you will get used to it in sometime. If not, ask the doctor for help, may be reducing the dose might help.
    I was put on another med for depression, I don't recall the name though, it was not helping me, in fact my depression got worse with it. I spoke to my doctor and he immediately changed the meds.
    Also, depression and anxiety meds cause a bit of confusion, forgetfulness etc, it will get better once you get used to the meds.

I totally get this dear, I am still struggling to get a good nights sleep. Hugs to you. But it will get better, hang in there.

I just noticed this was posted about a month ago, I am hoping all is well by now.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Sandycandy and VijayaRaghu like this.
  3. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

Yes i am taking it too.
    My doc told me to take it in afternoon instead of night as it cause lack of sleep.
    I also had many symptoms u described; may be its due to depression rather than med.
    I totally understand your condition.

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  4. VijayaRaghu

Thank you @ShabnamF and @gankita . Yeah I posted this when I started this medicine. Over the period of time looks like I am kinda getting used to this medicine, its getting little better in terms of medicine side effects. Coming to how this medicine is working, yes its working a bit. I am trying from my side also, more than me my husband is trying 10000% to get me out of this in all possible ways. Hope things will workout better.

Hope you both will also come out of this and leave this depression boat soon. Good luck my friends!

Sandycandy and ShabnamF like this.
  5. feb

feb New IL'ite

why don't you try alternative therapy for depression? like siddha, Ayurveda, homeopathy. allopathy medicines has lot of sideeffects...

6. VijayaRaghu

@feb , Yes I am giving my best try lets see the results...

7. VijayaRaghu

Because of this depression when your mind and thoughts are running every where in thousand directions, OMG it feels so impossible to pull every single things and put it in one direction. It feels impossible to smile. Feels impossible not to cry. Feels impossible to sustain one single day. Feels impossible to have good relation with family.

After all, I am mom...wife...woman...and a colleague. I am sure capable of making few impossible to possible.But whats the point, already some damage happened. Well, lets repair that damage too, at least a bit.

Nope,....there is not even 1 emoji which express my current feeling to put it here to end with.

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Vijaya, I am sorry for what you are feeling. I hope you are continuing with treatment from a qualified medical professional. If a medication does not work well don’t hesitate to go back to the doctor again.
    I hope you can use the nice smiling emoji soon and forever !! Please take care, your family needs you to be happy !

shravs3 likes this.
  9. VijayaRaghu

I wish Sandy