Sg Or Aussie

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by poojaagar, Mar 30, 2018.

1. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

Iam from singapore and we lived in sg for more than 10 years and i have a 8 year old child.
    Recently we got aussie pr and moved into australia. But only me and my child fully moved now, later the plan is my hubby will move bcos he still has job there. I have quit mine and moved to have a better life. but we still have commitments in spore and he has to be there for next few years.

Now i dont know whether we can be there in spore and come back here to australia later. He actually dont like it in spore but due to financial commitments he has to be there. Now i feel very difficult to be alone and manage my child and look for job here in aussie.
    So we think to move back and be there until he moves here, so we can be as family together.

I know in a way we have made a hasty decision as we moved here for 6 months, as we have leased only for 6 months house and thinking to go back. But only good thing is we have started all official things in aussie so even if we go back things are still there if we come back.
    Now my query is, is it right to go back to spore or is it better to stay in aussie alone without my hubby until he joins us after settling things in spore?

Pls advise..this dilemma is killing me..

Also, i feel education will be better in spore compared to aussie for my child for the primary years..thats is another reason iam willing to go back..

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Why live away from the husband if you have a choice ?

anika987, AkilaMani and shravs3 like this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pooja,

If your husband has to stay in SG for the next few years and you feel your child's primary education will be better in SG, then the answer is simple, move back to SG and then go back to Aus as a family.

If there are other factors that require you stay in Aus, then weigh the pros and cons and come to a decision as a couple.

There is no right or wrong answer dear. Its your life. List down the benefits and drawbacks of staying in Aus for the next few years without your husband and the same for moving back temporarily for a few years. See which one is more compelling and convincing to you both and make a decision based on that.

Best wishes!

shravs3 likes this.
  4. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Thank you akila...your response is satisfactory..we are almost convinced to go back to sg now based on our priorities : )